Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2013, 05:34 AM   #1
SPRINTER311BH

Reverse Polarity

I made a mistake and put my battery in backwards, being an automotive guy I always thought black was ground, big mistake. I realized my mistake and changed the battery hook up. I checked my fuses and found they were fried, I did notice they were 40's and not 30's like listed on my "WFCO Ultra III Distribution Center". When I pull them for a while and put a new one back in it starts to work for a moment, I hear the fans start running on the DC, and then they stop. I only have battery power. I have inspected the unit and don't see any fried wires or connections or smell anything burnt. Is there another switch or something I need to reset?
SPRINTER311BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:38 AM   #2
camper 2010

You only have the two fuses that I know of.
camper 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:20 AM   #3
Bob Landry

I would start shopping for a circuit board for your converter. The 40A fuses should be a flag, but good luck pursuing that with the converter manufacturer, as it will be your word against theirs as to what size fuses were actually installed.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:57 AM   #4
2011 keystone

Did your fuses pop again? I did the same thing last year only worse. My battery was completly dead when i hooked it up so it didnt even spark but hours later my DW noticed smoke from the front of our TT I disconnected the shore power and then checked every thing out it had poped the R\P fuses i replaced them and they popped again so I took the battery to the local auto parts place to have it checked. the guy hooks it up then ask me did you charge this battery backward? He said my neg.terminal was now positive and the pos. was now neg But was showing a full charge. so i took it home hooked it up in reverse and replaced fuses again and every thing worked although the battery does not hold a charge for very long now.
New TT 2014 j@%$O 32BHDS
2011 keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:09 AM   #5
SPRINTER311BH

I did not pop the fuses again. I did charge the battery because it was a similar situation to yours. I will disconnect the battery and try it again. Thanks!
SPRINTER311BH is offline   Reply With Quote