Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2013, 02:24 AM   #21
mwhit

I wanted to update my saga listed in this thread about the TV post #6. After several calls and countless e-mails I received my reimbursement from Keystone for the TV was was authorized to replace. The Sansui set was returned to me and worked on occasion, but would not turn on reliably. My Service Manager Wayne at Indian Valley Camping Center was extremely helpful and I received my check yesterday in the mail. I would have hoped it was a bit easier but staying cool but persistent brought this story to a happy ending at least for me. I was also able to keep the original Sansui set, but it had not turned on for the past several weeks, looks like time to junk it.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #22
LittleReata

Keystone RV Service

Had to contact Keystone for a problem with my 2013 Alpine; found that they are not the most responsive. First number I was given led me to Keystone parts service in Oregon for the Laredo tm who said they would transfer me to the Alpine service tm in IN; they transferred me to the Alpine parts tm in IN...at least I got in the right state. After several transfers, ended up talking to a lady named Michelle who was very rude and basically told me that I didn't know what I was talking about and that a tech would have to make the diagnosis; I was transferred to a tech, and then told by an automatic service that the business was closed. Left message for tech--and, at least he called me back--left another number for me to call...then found out that techs don't return calls til after business hours-Eastern Standard Time 9-4. So had to leave another message. Still have not been able to talk with tech. But then it is a moot point as I am thru with Keystone-rude, none responsive, hard to pin down. I will find a way to a temporary fix to my problem, drag it to my dealer--who at least is someone I know, and has fixed problems in past; then once Alpine is fixed will put it up for sale. This is not my first "rodeo" as I have had several RVs in the past. And will purchase another, but NEVER a Keystone product for me again. And I will make sure all I know or come in contact with will be given my opinion of Keystone.
LittleReata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:35 PM   #23
SAABDOCTOR

Would love to hear what the problem was. one question when you had a problem with your tv under warranty did you contact the manufacture first or the dealer! there are always 2 sides. hope you get it fixed and what ever you get as a replacement is perfect good luck! i found your first post is the dealer unwilling to help? i really think the dealer needs to take care of you first then if you get no where contact keystone. sometimes you just have to shake your head and have a beer! i wish you the best. i understand the fustration but once you get the bugs out you have one nice camper
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:17 PM   #24
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleReata View Post
Had to contact Keystone for a problem with my 2013 Alpine; found that they are not the most responsive. First number I was given led me to Keystone parts service in Oregon for the Laredo tm who said they would transfer me to the Alpine service tm in IN; they transferred me to the Alpine parts tm in IN...at least I got in the right state. After several transfers, ended up talking to a lady named Michelle who was very rude and basically told me that I didn't know what I was talking about and that a tech would have to make the diagnosis; I was transferred to a tech, and then told by an automatic service that the business was closed. Left message for tech--and, at least he called me back--left another number for me to call...then found out that techs don't return calls til after business hours-Eastern Standard Time 9-4. So had to leave another message. Still have not been able to talk with tech. But then it is a moot point as I am thru with Keystone-rude, none responsive, hard to pin down. I will find a way to a temporary fix to my problem, drag it to my dealer--who at least is someone I know, and has fixed problems in past; then once Alpine is fixed will put it up for sale. This is not my first "rodeo" as I have had several RVs in the past. And will purchase another, but NEVER a Keystone product for me again. And I will make sure all I know or come in contact with will be given my opinion of Keystone.

It sounds like you know exactly what you want done, the only problem is that Keystone doesn't appear to be able or willing to do it your way. Believe it or not, you're posting issues on a forum where more than 90% of the members are satisfied with their Keystone RV and would buy another Keystone RV if they were in the market. So, essentially, you're telling a lot of happy people that you're not happy and that you don't like what we're towing and that you're going to sell it and buy something else.

Maybe you're expecting too much? or maybe you haven't given anyone a chance to help you? or maybe you expect that calling the factory will cause a multimillion dollar corporation to stop what they are doing and dispatch a repairman to keep you happy?

Try calling the Ford assembly line in Louisville, Kentucky and demanding that they mail you a new fuel tank for your truck. I'm here to tell you that Ford will tell you to take your truck to the nearest dealer where a technician will diagnose your problem and repair your vehicle. They would NEVER send you a fuel tank because you tell the CS phone operator that you want a new one...

Seems to me that's what Keystone told you. If you're not happy with that answer, venting here won't help repair your RV and pretty much all of us are satisfied with our Keystone, so the most we can do is read your rant and suggest you take your RV to a dealership for diagnosis and repair. Nobody on this forum has an "inside track" at Keystone. If you read the disclaimer at the bottom of every forum page, you'll see that it is clearly posted (in red) that we have no affiliation with Keystone RV Company.

My best wishes go with the good luck I hope you have in finding a different manufacturer who will provide you exactly what you're looking for.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #25
LittleReata

Follow up FYI

To those who are asking if I contacted dealer or Keystone first. I contacted dealer first who basically told me that it sounded like a manufacture defect etc...so needed to contact Keystone which I did. I am more irritated with the unresponsive/rude customer service than I am with the RV. BTW, still waiting for Keystone to contact me with follow-up....but am not one to sit on my fanny as I am still enjoying the flyfishing. As far as Keystone, I have now conducted a 100 % percent inspection, again--I did one upon purchase; and have found several other "minor" issues. And yes, when I spend thousands of dollars on a product--I do expect the manufacture to respond.
LittleReata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #26
SAABDOCTOR

Something doesn't sound right. The dealer told you to contact Keystone? That is his job not yours.I do have to agree with john,most here are very happy with there units. If the dealer is not willing to help and your under warranty then find another dealer! There are two sides to every story and we only get to hear yours. the old saying goes you get more flies with honey than vinagar. so what i read is, you went to the dealer and said i have a water leak and the dealer said call keystone! If that were true I would too be upset. but I am sure there is more to it. I am almost willing to bet there were some words exchanged.When a customer comes in with an attitude, the last thing I want to do is jump through hoops for him. If they won't calm down i show them were the door is and tell them when you level off we will talk but not till you cool off! I spent the week end in my camper and every thing worked as it should,has it been trouble free NO.Did the dealer take care of the major stuff under warranty Yes have I fixed stuff myself that should have been covered Yes. will i buy another one bet your butt I would. I wish you the best of luck. try Honey
Old 10-09-2013, 07:49 AM   #27
pramey9876

After 4 months of bickering I finally got a new control panel installed. So far it works fine.
I had a bolt coming up thru the linoleum floor in the kitchen, took it in to have it repaired, the dealership cut a 1 foot by 1 foot piece of the linoleum out and spliced in a new piece. They used the wrong glue so when I went to pick it up the new piece was curled up and coming up from the floor. DUH! You'd think someone would check their work before giving it back to the customer.
Someone give me an RV service center, charge a fair price and do the work as promised and I'm there.
pramey9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:38 AM   #28
JRTJH
Site Team

pramey9876,

Find a new dealer to do your service. What you're facing is NOT a Keystone problem but a dealership service department problem.

Keystone did their job, they authorized and paid for the dealer to repair your problem. If they "screwed it up" that's not something Keystone should be responsible to repair. The dealership should be up front and fix it. Raise hell, get it fixed and find a new dealership that appreciates your business.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 10-09-2013, 11:26 AM   #29
SAABDOCTOR

MAN That is awfull about the floor. They say that's acceptable? No way have you contacted Keystone? I would be pissed as all get out. get keystone involved and find a real dealer. good luck
Old 10-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #30
airforceret

I have to agree they'll not win any awards for quick responses, but then again neither did the vendor for the last RV I owned, or the one before that, although back when I owned my Starcraft I did get very quick responses, just not from the dealer... only the factory. Then again, that was nearly 20 years ago!!!

Yes I'm still waiting on that elusive Touch Panel that is a known problem, but I'm sure it will arrive one day. And if not, then I'll just drill some holes in the existing panel and install some toggle switches and all will be fine!
2001 Wrangler (Moab Rock Crawler) / 2008 Can Am Outlander 400 4x4
airforceret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:37 AM   #31
wdt

Unhappy Is it Keystone or the supplier ?

Our 2013 Montana 3750FL has two crank out windows in the kitchen. The right one was lacking the screen when we took delivery in June. The dealer has sent photos, measurements, descriptions - so far Keystone has sent a screen 4 times - and every one was the wrong screen. It is now October and I'm about to modify the 4th screen just received - the right width, but the wrong height.
Is it possible to deal DIRECTLY with the supplier, if they can be identified ? Keystone just can't seem to get it right. They certainly aren't matching what they are getting to what was requested.
wdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:50 AM   #32
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdt View Post
Our 2013 Montana 3750FL has two crank out windows in the kitchen. The right one was lacking the screen when we took delivery in June. The dealer has sent photos, measurements, descriptions - so far Keystone has sent a screen 4 times - and every one was the wrong screen. It is now October and I'm about to modify the 4th screen just received - the right width, but the wrong height.
Is it possible to deal DIRECTLY with the supplier, if they can be identified ? Keystone just can't seem to get it right. They certainly aren't matching what they are getting to what was requested.
You might want to take a piece of freezer paper and trace the correct screen shape/size, cut that out and mail it to Keystone with reference to the ongoing problem. Coordinate with Customer Service so they know the outline is coming and hopefully they will be able to walk out back, find the correct screen (or take one off a new window) and mail it to either you or your dealer.

It sounds like there's a disconnect between what the dealer is telling Keystone and what the manufacturer is "hearing" from the dealer. Who's at fault? Hard to say, but a picture is worth a thousand words, so if you make the outline and send it to Keystone, they'll have the picture !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 10-13-2013, 07:25 AM   #33
wdt

Thanks for the template idea - but I have that T-shirt already
I have worked with the dealer (and they are very conscientious) - we have supplied a template, a photo with measurements, text descriptions - repeatedly.
I will as you suggest contact Keystone Customer service - I imagine they have a record of the repeat orders/returns logged under our VIN (it is a warranty issue). I will also contact our area Keystone rep - we met and spoke about the problem in July - I'll see if he will take direct responsibility for seeing the issue through.
Cheers....
wdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:00 AM   #34
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdt View Post
Thanks for the template idea - but I have that T-shirt already I have worked with the dealer (and they are very conscientious) - we have supplied a template, a photo with measurements, text descriptions - repeatedly.
I will as you suggest contact Keystone Customer service - I imagine they have a record of the repeat orders/returns logged under our VIN (it is a warranty issue). I will also contact our area Keystone rep - we met and spoke about the problem in July - I'll see if he will take direct responsibility for seeing the issue through.
Cheers....
Once you qualify for the poster, turn it over, make another template and send it in. Darwin award?

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS