Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #1
mikell

Another AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Home from work about 10 minutes today when the wife called yelling "THERE'S A FIRE IN THE BACK OF THE CAMPGROUND"!!! Not knowing what was going on I dialed 911 and jumped on the gator and headed back.

The then fire was out by the time I got there from a bucket brigade called 911 and they cancelled but they would send police. Looking around I saw a stove lighter about 10 feet from the tent and told everyone to get back it wasn't an accident. Told them what I saw and started taking pictures. Not much damage to the contents but the tent was a loss.

Sure enough someone had seen a kid walking a dog back around the tent so I went in and checked the video tapes. A branch blocked the tent but I could see the kid walk up and spend nearly 3 minutes there then him and the dog take off to their camp. All the cameras overlap so I could watch him run back and about 2 minutes later a bunch of people headed in the tents direction.

Because there was no direct witness the kid was only questioned if he had seen anything while he was walking the dog. When the cop watched the tape he said " Damn branch" but he knew. He went back to talk to the kid and the people said he was taking a nap. The officer is going to run the plates and make a few calls. A closer look and there was at least 3 places someone tried to light the tent.

A little while later Grampa came over and wanted an apology. I laughed Sorry not going to happen and asked if he wanted to see the tape he laughed and said there aint no tape. I took the bucket truck out and trimmed the branch. Every inch is covered and I'll be out all night if needed.

The people that lost their tent were nice and we offered a cabin and their money back but everything was wet and stinky.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:06 PM   #2
mikell

Sometimes ya just gotta vent

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old 08-26-2013, 07:58 PM   #3
alien_scones

post the video on Youtube
alien_scones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:12 AM   #4
bg71361

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikell View Post
Home from work about 10 minutes today when the wife called yelling "THERE'S A FIRE IN THE BACK OF THE CAMPGROUND"!!! Not knowing what was going on I dialed 911 and jumped on the gator and headed back.

The then fire was out by the time I got there from a bucket brigade called 911 and they cancelled but they would send police. Looking around I saw a stove lighter about 10 feet from the tent and told everyone to get back it wasn't an accident. Told them what I saw and started taking pictures. Not much damage to the contents but the tent was a loss.

Sure enough someone had seen a kid walking a dog back around the tent so I went in and checked the video tapes. A branch blocked the tent but I could see the kid walk up and spend nearly 3 minutes there then him and the dog take off to their camp. All the cameras overlap so I could watch him run back and about 2 minutes later a bunch of people headed in the tents direction.

Because there was no direct witness the kid was only questioned if he had seen anything while he was walking the dog. When the cop watched the tape he said " Damn branch" but he knew. He went back to talk to the kid and the people said he was taking a nap. The officer is going to run the plates and make a few calls. A closer look and there was at least 3 places someone tried to light the tent.

A little while later Grampa came over and wanted an apology. I laughed Sorry not going to happen and asked if he wanted to see the tape he laughed and said there aint no tape. I took the bucket truck out and trimmed the branch. Every inch is covered and I'll be out all night if needed.

The people that lost their tent were nice and we offered a cabin and their money back but everything was wet and stinky.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
Um I think I would have asked them to take Damien and leave.......
bg71361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:20 AM   #5
Murphsmom

Ahhhhhh!

Yet another case of "Not My Kid" mentality. Ask any school administrator if they have heard that one before.
Murphsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:43 AM   #6
mikell

Wednesday he pulled apart the front sign and took the letters to make his name. He was recorded very clearly we called the police for the third time and showed the officer the video he went to them with our message to be out within an hour or we were pressing vandalism charges. I told the kids dad he would see the video in court or head to Florida now.

Called the 2 closest campgrounds south of here and warned them to be on the lookout.

HAPPY LABOR DAY WEEKEND
Old 09-04-2013, 05:08 AM   #7
crash

Well did they leave?
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote