Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #1
Lonnie

Rear Power stabilizer jack not going down

My rear power stabilizer on TT will not go down. I tried to manually put it down but it will not move. The front one works fine using the manual or power to put it up and down. I tried taking the switch from the from one put in on the back, still did not work but back one worked fine on front. Any ideas.

Found the problem. The motor had locked up. Took motor off and jacks turned freely.

2010 Springdale 276 RB SSR
Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:52 AM   #2
BulletOwner1

Fuse would be my first question. I don't know about power units as I don't have them but are they fused together or separate? Is there power to the switch?

Sorry, forgot about not being able to do it manually either. Although if when it was brought up the last time it jammed for some reason and blew the fuse. Then you wouldn't be able to lower it either way.

My BIL had difficulty with his back stabilizers on his toy hauler 5er. Wouldn't go up. You could hear the motor running but it wouldn't move. Turned out the unit was damaged. Cross member was mangled. I think they were trying to raise the front AFTER they lowered the rear. Not a good idea.