Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2013, 05:25 AM   #1
LouSlugger

Silver Creek RV Resort, Mears MI -- familiar?

We have camped at Silver Lake State Park last 6 years but this July will try Silver Creek RV Resort (privately operated) nearby. We have reserved a pull through site (#27). If anyone has stayed there I would appreciate your impressions and any suggestions for enjoying our stay. We will have 2 adults, 3 teenage boys, and two labs. Thanks!

2007 Fuzion 362 Toy Hauler
2009 Ford F250 Super Duty Lariat 6.4L twin turbo diesel
LouSlugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:50 AM   #2
Jim W

We did not stay their but they are part of another campground in MI called Vacation Station in Ludington MI. So we were able to drive through the campground and tour the sites without any issues. The sites look open and very few mature trees since the campground was new and built between 02 and 05 if my memory serves me correctly.

The management team was great at Vacation Station so I would think this would carry to this park too.

The review in RV Park Review were excellent for this campground, I have attached the link for you to review. I also believe that this is a 10/10/10 rated park by Good Sam in 2012.

http://www.campgroundreviews.com/regions...gan/Mears.html

Jim W.
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:01 AM   #3
Jim W

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouSlugger View Post
We have camped at Silver Lake State Park last 6 years but this July will try Silver Creek RV Resort (privately operated) nearby. We have reserved a pull through site (#27). If anyone has stayed there I would appreciate your impressions and any suggestions for enjoying our stay. We will have 2 adults, 3 teenage boys, and two labs. Thanks!
I also forgot that you can run your truck on the sand dunes if you want to but it must have some safety equipment on it. I have attached the current regulations here also. My son has but I won’t.

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7...tml#vehiclereg

I believe that you can also take advantage of dune rides at Mac Wood’s Dune Rides in Mears MI. We tend to stay further south of Silver Lake and Mear’s; we like the South Haven (great beach and swimming area) and Holland area for us.
Jim W.
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:26 PM   #4
LouSlugger

Thanks Jim. This campground opened just 12 years ago and I was told that all of the trees were planted then, so no mature ones (and no real shade). There is a section on west side of property that is more surrounded by trees, but it is for the seasonal/long term campers. We always take our Jeep Wrangler for the dunes -- great fun. We've only stayed at private campgrounds (like KOA) for overnight stops, so just wondering about the overall vibe at places like this. The thing I like about the Michigan state parks is that you might have a young couple with kids in a small tent on one side and a $200,000 motorhome on the other. I just don't want to feel like we are parked at a WalMart.

2007 Fuzion 362 Toy Hauler
2009 Ford F250 Super Duty Lariat 6.4L twin turbo diesel
LouSlugger is offline   Reply With Quote