Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2012, 06:36 PM   #1
golfpro

looking for new TT

I have been looking for a new TT for over a year now. I and DW really love the keystone High country RES321 and can get it locally for a great price. they sell for as much as $52K across country and I can get one for $35K here in town. have heard some very disturbing news about the slide motor gears and other miss falls in the design of the TT. Not looking forward to having the gears in the motors go bad when I am in the middle of nowhere. I am looking for a something I can pull with my 02 6.0 chev 3/4 ton truck and not take an arm and a leg to pay for gas. we are planning trips south for the winters and do like the idea of having slides. she wants slide in the living area and I want one in the bedroom. Any ideas for me out there? I would appreciate your input. thanks
golfpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:41 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Base price for the 2012 Cougar High Country 321RES is 40,628, The 2013 base price is not listed at NADA.com but should be somewhat close to the 2012 price.

I can't give you any indication of problems with the model, however I am sure others who have experience with it will offer their thoughts.

You will find that no matter which travel trailer you choose, you're going to pay an "arm and a leg" for fuel. Whether you drive a diesel or a gas truck is not the issue. Fuel expenses are pretty much the biggest expense in travelling after the RV cost is eliminated.

As for your price quote of $35,000, it is about $5500 less than the base price and seems like a fair deal depending on what "add on" charges the dealer puts below that figure to increase the bottom line.

Good luck on your decision whether you decide to buy this or another RV. Just consider the expenses of towing are just a part of the "joy of RVing" LOL

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:47 AM   #3
Badboy

Try Lakeshore RV in Michigan you will save even more.We have some friends who saved all most 12 thousand dollars by going with them.