Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-09-2012, 02:06 PM   #1
outwest

Confusing labels in convenience center - Vantage 32FLS

Just bought a Vantage 32FLS. The dealer wasn't much help with how things work (actually, zero help).

Could someone please tell me what each valve and inlet are for? I know the right most is the black tank flush, but aside from that... Dealer said one of the valves should be hot water heater bypass. From the stickers it looks like the right most valve is whether city water fills tank or supplies water to water lines, the center valve is water heater bypass, and the left is not used at all. And stickers make it look like the left water inlet is for adding antifreeze to system. So you can see why I am confused as to what's what

Pic of convenience center attached
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20121108_133519.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	2108  
outwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by outwest View Post
Just bought a Vantage 32FLS. The dealer wasn't much help with how things work (actually, zero help).

Could someone please tell me what each valve and inlet are for? I know the right most is the black tank flush, but aside from that... Dealer said one of the valves should be hot water heater bypass. From the stickers it looks like the right most valve is whether city water fills tank or supplies water to water lines, the center valve is water heater bypass, and the left is not used at all. And stickers make it look like the left water inlet is for adding antifreeze to system. So you can see why I am confused as to what's what
The three white items that look like knobs are actually standard garden hose fittings. The "knob" is just to tighten it onto the end of a hose.

From left to right: Input for pumping RV antifreeze into the plumbing system, unmarked one in the center is the city water hookup (actually is marked up on the door above), and the one on the right should be the black tank flush hookup.

If you feel the dealer was of no help (and it sure sounds that way if they could not or would not identify these fittings to you), file a complaint with Keystone and insist that someone who knows what's what give you a proper PDI with full instructions on all systems in the trailer.

And the hot water heater bypass is on the back side of the heater itself, accessible from inside the trailer somewhere, usually in a compartment behind a panel or drawer. Use the search function - there are a number of threads on locating and operating this bypass.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:31 PM   #3
outwest

Sounds like water inlets are like I thought. Thanks. Any ideas on what the 3 valves do? I figure one is whether city water goes to tank or to water lines, but that still leaves two.

Yeah, the dealer did a lousy job on the after-sale orientation.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:10 AM   #4
Gyrene4Life

I completely understand your confusion. Ours actually has all of the labels on it and as soon as I get out back from the dealer I can snap a picture and send it to you.

Off the top of my head, one valve is the hot water heater bypass. Another is the fresh water tank bypass. And I am not sure of third unfortunately.

Like I said, once I get it back I can get you a picture, unless someone beats me to it.

Todd

Retired Marine
2012 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L PSD CC, 3.73 Rear, Firestone Ride Rite Suspension.
2012 Keystone Vantage 32FLS
ProPride 3P
Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel hitch
Gyrene4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:44 AM   #5
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrene4Life View Post
I completely understand your confusion. Ours actually has all of the labels on it and as soon as I get out back from the dealer I can snap a picture and send it to you.

Off the top of my head, one valve is the hot water heater bypass. Another is the fresh water tank bypass. And I am not sure of third unfortunately.

Like I said, once I get it back I can get you a picture, unless someone beats me to it.

Todd
There are several videos on Vantage on YouTube. One of then shows the "Conveinence Center" clearly at around and explains a little bit about it. Hope this link works, Hank

In case your display is not large enough to read the labels the valves and inlets are:

Cable and satilite inputs .... water heater bypass ... winterize ... tank fill

outside shower ... antifreeze inlet .... city water inlet ... tank flush inlet
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #6
outwest

Thanks for the vid link. It answered some other questions I had as well. Now all I gotta do is figure out how to do the winterization (gonna freeze here mon and tues nights) and get some other stuff sorted on it (like the missing foot for the electric jack).
Old 11-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #7
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Thanks for the vid link. It answered some other questions I had as well. Now all I gotta do is figure out how to do the winterization (gonna freeze here mon and tues nights) and get some other stuff sorted on it (like the missing foot for the electric jack).
Again ... videos are available directly from explaining the different methods of winterizing a trailer. "Google is your friend" ... I have no idea who I am quoting but they must be very smart. JM2¢, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:01 PM   #8
KanTC

As Hank said - videos are available from Keystone.

Posted on their website too... scroll toward the bottom of this page.
http://www.keystonerv.com/?page=video_library

Terri
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #9
outwest

Thanks y'all
Old 11-15-2012, 08:14 PM   #10
outwest

Got the trailer winterized; thanks for the help, everyone. To make things even more confusing, discovered that the valves in the convenience center (heater bypass, winterize mode on/off, and fresh tank fill) are all mounted 90 degrees counterclockwise from what the labels show. As a result, if label shows on = horizontal and off=vertical, it's actually just the opposite.

Got a 4 foot freshwater hose from local RV shop and cut it into two pieces, one 3 foot long to connect to antifreeze inlet in convenience center (and put cut end into jug of antifreeze) and a 1 foot piece I can save for gravity fill inlet, should I need.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:10 AM   #11
Gyrene4Life

Quote:
To make things even more confusing, discovered that the valves in the convenience center (heater bypass, winterize mode on/off, and fresh tank fill) are all mounted 90 degrees counterclockwise from what the labels show. As a result, if label shows on = horizontal and off=vertical, it's actually just the opposite.
I had the same issues when I first pulled the trailer home and went to hook things up. Ended up with a full tank of water and no water in the hot water tank.
First clue was that the water kept running and running into the trailer and I didnt understand where it was going. I didnt want water in the tank but I wanter water in the water heater. Looking at the labels, I had everything correct...but as we know now.

Glad to hear you got things straightened out.

Retired Marine
2012 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L PSD CC, 3.73 Rear, Firestone Ride Rite Suspension.
2012 Keystone Vantage 32FLS
ProPride 3P
Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel hitch
Gyrene4Life is offline   Reply With Quote