Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2012, 09:24 AM   #1
Scott F

Slide problem

I have a 2003 Montana Mountainer that i recently purchased. The 14ft slide goes out with out problem, however, when I bring it in i need to send some one outside to give it a push. My battery is fully charged and the unit has been plugged in. My question is, do these motors get weak and where is the best place to get a replacement. Any help will be greatfully appreciated. Hate to bring it to dealer for something i could fix.
Scott F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:04 AM   #2
Bushman512000

slide stuck?

Well is the slide stuck or sticking the question is now whitch right?I would try to get under the unit and spray ever thing the slide rides on with lube like a spray grease say white lithiom or cable and chain lube with graffite....That may make a great difference if so repeat the treatment and work the slide in and out a few times.Then lube it every few weeks to keep it free from sticking.I know most people do not ever look at the under side and they should good luck Bushman
Bushman512000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:43 AM   #3
Scott F

Done this

I lubed the slide with Slide lube and lithium greese, didnt seem to make a deifference. It acts like the motor is weak. once pushed in a few inches the motor brings it in , however does not pull it in tight. Usually have to give it a push to seat it in all the way. I have read thru alot of posts and have been unable to find anything with my complaint.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:45 AM   #4
audio1der

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushman512000 View Post
Well is the slide stuck or sticking the question is now whitch right?I would try to get under the unit and spray ever thing the slide rides on with lube like a spray grease say white lithiom or cable and chain lube with graffite....That may make a great difference if so repeat the treatment and work the slide in and out a few times.Then lube it every few weeks to keep it free from sticking.I know most people do not ever look at the under side and they should good luck Bushman
Good avice. (make sure everything is nice and clean/free of debris first!)
While you're at it, don't forget to condition the slide seals!
2012 Ram 1500 Sport crew cab, Hemi, 4x4, 3.92 LSD, factory brake controller, S&B CAI w/scoop, Moroso air/oil can, 87mm ported/polished/knife-edged throttle body, Magnaflow exhaust, 180* t-stat, Rear lowered 2", Airlift 1000.
audio1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:58 AM   #5
Scott F

Slide issue

Thanks, Ill recheck everything tonight, Love this camper and it was babied prior to me purchasing. Just getting fruestrated and hoping i didnt make a mistake.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #6
KenBob

May be a good idea to run the slide, out and in manually. You may be able to "feel" any resistance in the mechanisms. Also, electrical connections may cause a motor to not function properly. JM2C.
KenBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:53 PM   #7
Azdryheat

Don't use grease on your slide. My manual says, "DO NOT apply any petroleum products (grease) to the slide system. This will attract dirt and can cause damage to the functional components of the slide system."

Instead, I use a dry lube.

2008 Everest 305T
2009 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
Azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:22 AM   #8
Bushman512000

Grease ?

I have used white grease on every slide starting in 1999/2001/2003/2008Trailer/Motor homes...Not a problem... with any but You must use Your better judgement as to how much You apply and wipe off the extra old saying a squeaky wheel will get the grease and a smart person will not let it get to start squeaking...lol...Bushman
Bushman512000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:06 AM   #9
Scott F

I guess i better get out my manual again. I have no idea how to do it manually, but sounds like a good idea. So Im left thinking no one thinks my motor is weak.

Thanks again for all advice. This appears to be a great forum, Maybe in the future I could offer some helpfull advise. Happy Travels, Scott 2003 30 ft Mountanier, matching 2003 Dodge 2500 4 door.