Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2022, 11:58 AM   #1
BrianDA

Got Here!!! Black Tank Flush

Hi all!

My wife and I just got our 3rd RV, a 2022 Outback 291UBH. We always go for a shakedown cruise to see what, if anything, does not work. Went to Gatlinburg, TN for a week where our campground flash-flooded and we had to be evacuated!!! Core memories formed!!!

Couple problems with the camper, entry door doesn't fit right, window frame leaks... Normal stuff.

When we went to leave, I hooked up my flush hose and turned on the water, but no water went into the black tank. All the other campers we've owned simply hook up the black flush hose, turn it on and flush away! Did I miss something?
BrianDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 12:45 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Anti sipon valve under the bathroom sink (hopefully) is probably backwards. It happens quite often on a new trailer and it did on my last one.

You can fix it yourself or leave it at the dealer for many weeks or months for them to get to it. If you replace it I'd get a brass one from your local home improvement store or you can just cut the lines into the valve, install 90 degree fittings with a short length of pex and bypass the thing. If you bypass it use the little screw on anti siphon fitting on the end of your black flush hose.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 08:58 AM   #3
BrianDA

Thanks a ton. I will head over to storage and check it tonight. I'll let you know what I find! Thanks again!
SOLD - 2018 Starcraft Launch 19BHS
SOLD - 2006 Rockwood Premier 2514G Pop-Up
Old 07-20-2022, 06:30 AM   #4
revrusty

First time I used the black tank flush on our Cougar, the water just came out from under the sink vanity and all over the bathroom floor. The dealer found that the hose or pipe had not been hooked up to the black tank. If you saw any water leaking out it might be something like that.

2021 Ram 3500 megacab w/ cummins 6.7HO, SRW
Cougar 25 MLE , 2024
revrusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 09:23 AM   #5
BrianDA

I just went over and looked, this morning. The anti-siphon valve is not behind the water connection panel OR under the sink. So it's either under the floor or in the cabinet well behind the toilet which will take some disassembly to get to (and may not be there!!!). It's an insulated floor, so i don't really want to pull down the cover under the trailer myself. Debating to just let the dealer have it since there's a few other things that need to be addressed under warranty. I like ripping things apart, though...
SOLD - 2018 Starcraft Launch 19BHS
SOLD - 2006 Rockwood Premier 2514G Pop-Up

Tags
black tank, tank