Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2022, 07:31 AM   #1
bevdave

Backsplash

We have a 2022 Alpine 3650RL. While using the oven the backsplash started melting, bubbling and cracking. While watching a Youtube video on the 2022 Alpine 3650RL we noticed the same backsplash in all the units. Anyone else have the same issue?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0085.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	40738  
bevdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 08:25 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

Sorry it has to be under these circumstances, I have never seen that in all my years of working on RV’s. I would definitely call that a warranty item. BTW what were you backing?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 08:59 AM   #3
bevdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Welcome to the forum

Sorry it has to be under these circumstances, I have never seen that in all my years of working on RV’s. I would definitely call that a warranty item. BTW what were you backing?
Chicken at 375
bevdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 09:00 AM   #4
dutchmensport

In my last 2 previous campers, the stove was located in a U shape type counter top, with one side of the stove near the side of another cabinet. The heat generated from the stove top was incredible if using all 3 burners at the same time. Finally, we learned the only way to keep the back wall and the cabinet wood beside the stove from feeling so hot it felt like it was about to catch fire, was to use only one burner at a time, and that was the front burner, with a window open and the exhaust fan in the ceiling running.

If yours is enclosed on one side, then it simply got too hot. Keystone will tell you the problem is on you. There was nothing wrong with stove/oven and there was nothing wrong with the wall or the rubber back splash. They will claim it's user responsibility and you're stuck with it.

There are many posts of different forum sites where folks have installed new back splashes around their stoves and kitchen sinks. If you are mechanically apt in even a narrow way, this is a project you can tackle yourself. It's just a matter of finding a new material to use as a back splash that won't melt under heat. Remove the old, replace with new and move on.

And in the future, you are now aware of the massive amount of heat that gets trapped there. Adjust how you use the stove / oven. It's the only way.

My current camper stove is wide open on both sides. It does not collect heat. But the hood and cabinet above it get's extremely hot if all 3 burners are on. This is another reason why we fix means almost 100% of the time outside.

Now, our oven works great! It doesn't throw that much heat, surprising, it works well.
Old 07-17-2022, 09:31 AM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

I would at least attempt a warranty claim.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 09:45 AM   #6
flybouy
Site Team

If they (Keystone) covers it under warranty they (dealership) will likely only replace it with the same stuff. If we used our stove/oven then I would replace that with ceramic tile. There's many options out there for styles and colors.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 03:38 AM   #7
spicercars

Welcome from northern MN. Let us know how you came out on this deal.