Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2021, 08:38 AM   #1
CalAz2020

TV mount in Bedroom

I want to mount a tv in the main bedroom. There is a sticker on the wall between the door frame and the outlet and coax hookups that says something to the effect of mount tv here. When I press on the wall its very flimsy there no support from behind. I have a Outback 340BH . Just don't want to start put holes in if that not the correct area...
CalAz2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 10:52 AM   #2
Courser Farm

I don't have the expert answer but I tapped across the wall (in our bedroom) and where that sticker is, the wall is quite solid. Like finding a 2x4. The dealer is installing our bedroom tv "now" and we pick it all up Tues so ask me again!
Former Horse Campers Ready for New Experiences!
Courser Farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 12:34 PM   #3
CalAz2020

Thank you. I was hoping I had that solidness behind the wall but I push on it and its like balsa wood. Let me know how yours goes! Thanks again
Old 08-13-2021, 04:26 PM   #4
mike95776

As others have said, the wall should feel solid where there is a stud. I use a stud finder to verify a location.
mike95776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 04:45 PM   #5
Mikendebbie

Assuming it is the interior wall between the shower stall and the foot of the bed ( floor plan below) - years ago I mounted a TV on a similar wall in my Alpenlite by placing a plywood “gusset plate” on the bathroom side of the wall that spanned the studs I found and were screwed to the studs. I installed a plywood gusset on the bedroom side also…then the TV bracket was attached to the gusset plate. The plates spread and distribute the load across the wall. I finished the plywood to match the cabinets. You could finish or disguise the plywood as a bulletin board or a picture frame. My wall did not have internal blocking - but with the wall sandwiched between the gusset plates - I effectively made my own blocking…and this was back when small TVs weighed as much as a Volkswagen - well not quite that much - but they were heavy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	170DC2C3-2958-4D34-917B-C1A76AAA1132.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	35248  
In the sticks near Austin TX
Aussie Gus+Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 09:18 AM   #6
CalAz2020

Thank you. I checked the walls today and there is just no backing behind them to screw into. My buddy and I were thinking the same as what you are suggesting. Seems it will be the best solution. Thank you for taking the time to share I appreciate the feedback!
Old 08-14-2021, 02:30 PM   #7
Mikendebbie

One thing I failed to mention - I did use thru-bolts with big washers to attach the TV bracket. The wood plate on the bedroom side spreads the TV load out over the wall to keep it stable, and the wood plate on the bathroom side spreads the load across the back side of the wall.
In the sticks near Austin TX
Aussie Gus+Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, bedroom, mount, tv mount