Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2021, 12:43 PM   #1
Trouble

Step replacement

I have a 2019 Springdale Mini which has a single manual step, I am looking to replace if possible to a two step as the single step is a bit much from the step to the ground. Any recommendations on this type of upgrade? I am sure someone has done these in the past
Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 01:13 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Only thing you need to know is the width of the step and how it mounts. Sounds like a worthy upgrade to me.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 02:21 PM   #3
NH_Bulldog

Are you looking for a similar foldout step option or upgrading to a solid step style?
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 02:28 PM   #4
Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Bulldog View Post
Are you looking for a similar foldout step option or upgrading to a solid step style?
Have not considered the difference, mainly looking to get the last step closer to the ground the one installed is just more than we want. As a stop gap I have purchased a small step with foldable legs to add the additional step
Old 06-29-2021, 03:58 PM   #5
Weldon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I have a 2019 Springdale Mini which has a single manual step, I am looking to replace if possible to a two step as the single step is a bit much from the step to the ground. Any recommendations on this type of upgrade? I am sure someone has done these in the past
We have a Springdale Summerland Series 2600BH. Our kids (and my wife) fell trying to lean to the side and open the door at the same time. I would also wake everyone up when I would go outside early in the AM to drink coffee and watch the sun come up. Therefore I upgraded to this (below). One of the best upgrades I've done. It literally took less than 2 mins to install. As an added bonus, I left my original steps in place in case we sell the TT. Then I can take my upgraded steps with us. I didn't get the fold-up steps because our door has a shock at the bottom of it, which makes it impossible (without mods) to install the foldable steps.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Weldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 04:00 PM   #6
Weldon

Quote:
Have not considered the difference, mainly looking to get the last step closer to the ground the one installed is just more than we want. As a stop gap I have purchased a small step with foldable legs to add the additional step
BTW, i tried the same thing...purchased a single step from Harbor Freight. Although it worked well, it was still unstable if stepped on it the wrong way (which happens with 2 kids under 10 yrs old), so I went with the upgrade in my previous post.
Old 06-29-2021, 05:02 PM   #7
NH_Bulldog

We had a folding triple step, but I never liked the stress and torque it applied to the floor and frame of the trailer, and it was very bouncy.

This spring I removed the foldout steps and installed a MORyde Step Above. The model I have tips up into the doorway and latches inside the frame when traveling but also has quick release hinge pins if I want to remove them and store the steps in a compartment or the bed of the truck.

As an added bonus, I installed the locking storage box where the old steps used to be.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 06:58 AM   #8
Hblick48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldon View Post
We have a Springdale Summerland Series 2600BH. Our kids (and my wife) fell trying to lean to the side and open the door at the same time. I would also wake everyone up when I would go outside early in the AM to drink coffee and watch the sun come up. Therefore I upgraded to this (below). One of the best upgrades I've done. It literally took less than 2 mins to install. As an added bonus, I left my original steps in place in case we sell the TT. Then I can take my upgraded steps with us. I didn't get the fold-up steps because our door has a shock at the bottom of it, which makes it impossible (without mods) to install the foldable steps.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I installed the same steps. Wife has a trick knee. This is one of the best upgrades I've done. Left the original folding steps in place for the same reason plus, solid steps won't work where we store the RV.
Hblick48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 08:23 AM   #9
Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldon View Post
BTW, i tried the same thing...purchased a single step from Harbor Freight. Although it worked well, it was still unstable if stepped on it the wrong way (which happens with 2 kids under 10 yrs old), so I went with the upgrade in my previous post.
Do you happen to have a picture of these installed, I am also trying to wrap my head around how theses get installed
Old 06-30-2021, 09:42 AM   #10
dblanch57

Mine was a three step fold out version, same problems. I looked at the moryde but didn't like the idea of blocking the door. I found these and we love this step. It bolts in the place of your folding step. https://www.torklift.com/rv/glowstep-revolution

I see they have one that flips up into the door also.

2020 Ford F250 Crewcab 4x4 6.2L
2017 Passport Elite 31RE
DW & Me
<+><
dblanch57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 11:42 AM   #11
Weldon

Quote:
Do you happen to have a picture of these installed, I am also trying to wrap my head around how theses get installed
You install 2 brackets directly below the door. Each has a quick release function. Sorry they are sideways pics. You can also view the installation instructions on Amazon or the MorRyde
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210206_083007.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	187.2 KB
ID:	34386   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210227_085715.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	216.8 KB
ID:	34387  
Old 06-30-2021, 06:20 PM   #12
mcomeaux

Glo-Steps?? Put them on mine and what a difference...Easy to handle as well...