Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2012, 05:05 PM   #1
MNawman

No tv antenna booster

Hey Guys, I just bought a 2012 Fuzion 412 and cannot find the tv antenna booster. I called Keystone and they told me it would be on the ceiling in the bedroom or by the main tv. It is nowhere to be found. I talked to a service tech at Camping World and he says the newer RVs don't have or need them. I get very poor digital reception in town and only one channel. I was thinking about getting a Wingman or an amp. Anybody else have these problems or a good suggestion?
MNawman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:52 PM   #2
captbru

Our fifth wheel Laredo has the booster by the 12 volt socket in the bedroom, where the tv goes. Check around the area where the bedroom tv would go.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:59 PM   #3
jbsmith

The amplifiers are almost always built directly into the wall plate. There's usually a 12 volt plug built into the plate with the booster and a button to turn the amp on/off. You need to turn the booster off to use cable or satellite.

*IF* you have a Sensar IV antenna (would have the Wingman integrated with the antenna)...these are advertised as having the booster integrated into the antenna.

If you have the Sensar IV, again the booster could be bad, you may not be getting power to the booster, or Keystone just didn't run the power lead for the antenna...possible if they switched to the Sensar IV instead of the Sensar III. There should be a power switch somewhere either on the antenna mount/crank assembly...although I've never seen a factory install of the Sensar IV. I cant find any photos or installation diagrams showing configuration of the power supply.

My 2012 331MKS shipped with the Winegard Sensar III and default wall plate style booster located behind the living room TV. I replaced this with the upgraded booster with signal finder and added the Wingman. Reception is great in town and referencing sites like http://www.tvfool.com I can bring in signals within about 35-40 miles of the campsite depending on terrain and line of site.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2012 Keystone Cougar 331MKS
2018 RAM 3500 Laramie 6.7L DRW
B&W Companion
jbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:37 PM   #4
Benrubid

In our fuzion 322 it is in the wall cabinet in the master bedroom.

2012 Fuzion 322
2012 F350 Dually
Benrubid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:42 PM   #5
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benrubid View Post
In our fuzion 322 it is in the wall cabinet in the master bedroom.
Ours is also in this location. Trailer came with Sensar III amplified batwing. We added the Wingman. Great reception.
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:43 AM   #6
azlee56

I have a FW, but it is in the closet
Old 07-24-2012, 05:23 AM   #7
SteveC7010

The amp has to be on for antenna reception to get to the TV properly. The booster amp is usually contained in the wall unit that looks similar to this:

They are usually in the bedroom, but not always. Some have push buttons and others have slide switches. Some have a red LED; some have a green one. As Azlee mentioned, it might be in a closet or inside a television compartment.

General rule of thumb: Amp ON for antenna reception. Amp OFF for cable or satellite.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:28 AM   #8
hankaye

MNawman, Howdy;

No tellin' where it could be appears to be the theme...

My experience is ... the amp. was right next to the plug in
the tv cabinet. That said, I had problems getting a solid,
clear picture. I knew it was possiable as I was/am parked
in the same lot where I lived in my old TT.
Found every coax fitting was only twisted on, maybe 2 or 3 turns.
They need to be very snug. I made sure they were ALL hand tight
then used a 7/16th wrench to 'snug' then 1 flat tighter. That ment
climbing on to the roof and checking the connections on the antenna
it self. Should you still have a fuzzy picture (and you've located the amp.
and it's on, ya might have to remove the antenna (as I did), and snug the
thru the roof connection. Be sure to re-seal around the base with the proper
sealant.

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:54 AM   #9
Festus2
Site Team

We have the Winegard Sensar and have recently added Wingman which improved reception considerably. Our amp/booster is located on wall directly behind our TV.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:40 PM   #10
MNawman

Thanks for the responses guys. I looked all over for the booster, but couldn't find one. Not on the cieling, behind the TV s, not in any cabinets. If I plug into cable at the campground I can get reception, which tells me if there is a booster, it is off. I installed the Wingman and was able to pick up a channel here in town. I guess I ll have to get an aftermarket booster. I can't seem to get ahold of Keystone.
MNawman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:56 PM   #11
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNawman View Post
Thanks for the responses guys. I looked all over for the booster, but couldn't find one. Not on the cieling, behind the TV s, not in any cabinets. If I plug into cable at the campground I can get reception, which tells me if there is a booster, it is off. I installed the Wingman and was able to pick up a channel here in town. I guess I ll have to get an aftermarket booster. I can't seem to get ahold of Keystone.
Pull the cover plate(s) off and look and see if you have 12v pos/neg leads (with flat-blade connectors)...

If you do have a booster, whichever faceplate which has the down feed from the antenna ~should~ have these wires. The down feed from the antenna also takes the 12v to the booster which is in the antenna head.
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:34 PM   #12
chain_dogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNawman View Post
I have a fuzion 400......no booster. but remember, if you dont do a auto channel search. you wont get hardly any channels
chain_dogg is offline   Reply With Quote