Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2020, 12:25 PM   #1
Sonders

bunk picture request

Hey everyone, those of you that have fullsize bunks in your camper can you post some detailed pictures of how the top bunk is mounted? We bought a 2015 Passport 2400BH last month and previous owner had removed the top bunk. I need to build a bunk back in it for our kids. They have some floor trim installed around the perimeter of the walls where the bunk used to be. I'd like to see how they are installed before I make my plan for building. Thanks in advance for any replies.
Sonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 12:40 PM   #2
Sarge2

it has about the best shots of your set up... Mine is a 2020 2600BHGT and is about the same but I don't have any shots of the bunks other than the attached...
Sarge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 01:17 PM   #3
Sonders

thanks for the reply Sarge. I didn't even think about looking on Youtube. I just looked at a few other videos on there as well. Still hoping somebody can chime in with some better detailed pictures.
Old 12-09-2020, 05:49 PM   #4
NH_Bulldog

I have a 240BH which is identical but newer. Without tearing apart the frame of the bunk there is no way I could tell you how it is attached to the walls. What I can tell you is that the top bunk matches the shape of the bottom bunk. There is a cleat attached to all four walls with cross members running side to side. The bottom is a single sheet of paneling with a finish similar to the ceiling, and the top is a 1/4” sheet of plywood and the mattress sits on top of that. There is a wider piece of trim to finish the short exposed edge on the angle. There is also a light in there that was likely removed so look for some cut or taped wires when you pull those cosmetic trim pieces off.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 07:56 PM   #5
Sarge2

If my TT wasn't put away under a cover, I'd go in and take some really detailed shots of the bunk area.. Since the bottom of the top bunk seems to be an upper and a lower area, I'd have to believe that it's got a sort of side rail that the bunk mattress board /frame sits on... mine has lights in the ceiling of the bottom bunk so the wiring runs between the mattress board and the ceiling above the bottom bunk.. I'd assume that that railing runs around the perimeter of the bunk and I'd guess it has some supports running side to side.. like on a normal bed.. like bed slats between the rails...
Not sure that helps at all but I'm guessing they took down the majority of the upper bunk frame and supports... or is there sections of the side rails still attached to the walls? I could draw it better than I explain it... LOL..
Personally, I'd take the mattress off the bottom bunk and get a good look at how it's put together... I'd have to think the top will be similar... jmho
Sarge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 04:39 AM   #6
Sonders

thanks Rob and Sarge, both provided great info. I'm going to pull the molding off that previous owner installed to see what I have to work with. Sounds like it's about time for a trip to the local lumber yard.