Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2020, 02:15 PM   #1
JBCayman

Question Jensen | Radio/TV

Hi Folks,

Radio:

I'm normally pretty good at solving the technical issues but this one has thrown me for a loop. We've to the 2020 Outback Toy-hauler...and it came with Jensen 2015 series radio/tv hookup (Dvd player etc.,) I managed to figure out Fading the sound from outside to in or both, but cannot manage to sync my phone to the bluetooth.

TV:

Does anybody know the weight/size capacity/limits on replacing the default TV that it came with? Its a 24 or 25" TV but its outdated. We need YouTube TV or I'll be sleeping in the truck.
JBCayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 02:53 PM   #2
JBCayman

TV meaning, I need to purchase a wifi TV. And the 32" series on multiple vendors is where I'm getting a ton of "get that...not this" responses.
Old 08-05-2020, 03:20 PM   #3
mybluox

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCayman View Post
TV meaning, I need to purchase a wifi TV. And the 32" series on multiple vendors is where I'm getting a ton of "get that...not this" responses.
JBCaymen,

I just replaced the TV in my 2008 Raptor. I replaced it with a Vizio 32". New TV's weigh about 1/2 of the old TV's. As for size. the 32' was the largest to fit in the space of the old TV. The next largest size it a 47-48" which is too large. Now I have a lot of empty space around the new TV, go figure.

Good luck.
mybluox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 03:42 PM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

As for the TV measure the space and get the largest "smart" TV that will fit in the hole. Weight is not an issue with modern TVs.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 06:54 PM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

I just put a 40” Vizio in a new unit today, it weighed a whopping maybe 5 pounds??

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 05:21 AM   #6
JBCayman

To add....the tv is mounted on the right side of the cabinets above the sink. This is why I was inquiring about the weight as it is suspended and not sitting on a entertainment desk/system per say.

Thanks for the continued feedback...
Old 08-06-2020, 07:18 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

The "key" to mounting a flat screen TV in a trailer is how you secure it during travel. When parked, with the TV mount extended, there's little "movement/bouncing" so there's not a lot of stress on the cabinet mounting plate. During travel, it's a different situation. If the TV is left extended, or pushed against the cabinet (not secured) it can bounce out and start "levering against the mount, causing damage.

If you secure the TV to the wall of the cabinet, you can eliminate nearly all of that "levering damage" and protect both the TV and bracket as well as the cabinet and the mount plate....

Most RV's with TV's on extending or swivel mounts are almost always secured to the wall (in the travel position) with straps/buckles or bungee cord/hook systems.

I think, within reason, mounting a 32" TV in the location where a 24" TV was previously installed, provided there is an adequate mounting plate for the smaller TV, you should be able to adapt the larger TV without any issues. Just be sure to secure it during travel !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 07:38 AM   #8
JBCayman

Thanks! much appreciated
Old 08-09-2020, 11:56 AM   #9
jlogan10

If your old TV has HDMI, and you have Wifi hotspot from your phone use a ROKU stick. They cost about 30 or 40 dollars. That's what we use to get our Youtube TV.
jlogan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 04:09 PM   #10
NH_Bulldog

We use a FireStick and it turned my Pummel-Drive tv into a smart tv. Unless you are looking for an excuse to buy a new tv, FireStick or Roku, or ChromeCast all work great. I like the FireStick since it has all the popular streaming platforms, and came with a universal remote
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jensen, radio