Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2020, 02:37 PM   #1
chunker

Raptor fireplace removal

For any techs here or anyone who knows, how do you remove the fireplace in a Raptor, specifically a 2020 356. I want to access the area behind the fireplace for possible routing of a dryer vent. For the vent could go straight down through the garage floor but I'm looking for a cleaner installation. The general idea is go through the forward garage wall into the area behind the fireplace then down using rigid tubing.

The fireplace facia is a smooth plastic/acrylic trim and I don't see any attaching screws. Hopefully it's not some sort of clip to have to pop loose.
2019 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic 114 (the toy)
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 05:42 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Look real close, the surround may be brad nailed in.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 05:32 AM   #3
chunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Look real close, the surround may be brad nailed in.
I inspected close this morning but no brads for it but I did solve the dilemma. The facia pops off by lifting up. There was a little resistance but it came loose. 3 hooks on each side slide into slots of the unit itself. In the corners of the fireplace are 4 screws that hold it to the wall. I didn't remove those yet, another day.
2019 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic 114 (the toy)
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 06:54 AM   #4
LewisB

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker View Post
I inspected close this morning but no brads for it but I did solve the dilemma. The facia pops off by lifting up. There was a little resistance but it came loose. 3 hooks on each side slide into slots of the unit itself. In the corners of the fireplace are 4 screws that hold it to the wall. I didn't remove those yet, another day.
Yup, lift the facia off then remove the 4 screws and it pops right out. It is not very heavy and is maybe 3" thick. Mine was a "cord & plug" unit and was plugged in to a hidden outlet behind the panel. In our 353, this gave me easy access to the WFCO power center above it as well as the radio, iN.Command controller, etc.

Have fun with your project!
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 07:04 AM   #5
Mikendebbie

remove fireplace

Couple of months ago I tried to remove my fireplace with the intent of running a dedicated coax for my Dish Tailgater (I can't use house wiring due to the splitters - which Tailgater does not like).

I got the glass front off as mentioned above, removed the 4 flange screws - and the thing will not budge...not even a wiggle. I guess the cutout opening for the firebox is a millimeter too small and the box is wedged in TIGHT! I pulled and pushed all I could - was afraid to pull too much and did not want to damage anything, and I did not see a good angle to attempt using a pry-bar. I gave up and plan to fight the battle again some day in the future.

Any suggestions?
In the sticks near Austin TX
Aussie Gus+Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 07:19 AM   #6
LewisB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
Couple of months ago I tried to remove my fireplace with the intent of running a dedicated coax for my Dish Tailgater (I can't use house wiring due to the splitters - which Tailgater does not like).

I got the glass front off as mentioned above, removed the 4 flange screws - and the thing will not budge...not even a wiggle. I guess the cutout opening for the firebox is a millimeter too small and the box is wedged in TIGHT! I pulled and pushed all I could - was afraid to pull too much and did not want to damage anything, and I did not see a good angle to attempt using a pry-bar. I gave up and plan to fight the battle again some day in the future.

Any suggestions?
Our fireplace is a Greystone w36bcfw-1. If you have the same or similar, check out the pictures on the E-Trailer site at: https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Fireplac...24-000080.html. As you can see, after removing the facia, the fireplace is relatively flat sided with only the flange holding it in place. Ours was loose in the opening - if yours is the same, you should be able to bring it straight out the front with a little "prying".

Hope the helps.
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 07:43 AM   #7
Mikendebbie

fireplace removal

Mine is called a "Titan" but everything about looks the same as the one in the video on etrailer. Here are some pics from my manual that I tried to follow. The thing is just wedged in tight - or else there are some more screws somewhere other than the 6 face flange screws shown in the diagram.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-04-22_10-42-25.png
Views:	140
Size:	567.3 KB
ID:	26782  
Old 04-22-2020, 02:18 PM   #8
bobbecky

The photo shows two more screws, one on either side, besides the six flanged screws. Look at the photo at the left top corner where it shows a single screw in two locations.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 04:50 PM   #9
Mikendebbie

The photo shows the screws that hold my glass panel from bouncing off. I took those two tiny screws out then lifted the panel up and off. Then I removed the 6 flange screws. Then I pulled and pushed and jerked...and utterly failed to budge the fire box in the cutout - not even a slight wiggle. I’m telling ya - it feels like I am pulling against the whole RV. If the rough opening was truly undercut - those guys would have had an equally hard time installing the thing in the factory. There has got to be a simple answer or couple more hard to find screws - but I am stumped.

Tags
raptor