Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2017, 03:32 AM   #1
Double b

Need help of wiring route

We have a 2014 Laredo 303TG and the front cap marker lights are not working. Did a quick test and no power. looking for help on where the wires would be routed so I can track them back. here is the lights I am talking about;

Click image for larger version

Name:	lights.JPG
Views:	427
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	13255

The other ones are all working, so I believe that they are run on a different wire.

Any and all help would be welcome.
Double b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 03:42 AM   #2
bsmith0404

Dumb question, but I'm going to ask it......have you checked the bulbs?

The wiring will most likely be run in the wall behind the front cap. It's possible they go up the sidewall from the lower marker light and then across the front. If you have checked the bulbs and it s definitely a wiring issue, I would suggest dropping the underbelly below the marker light and check the connection where it goes up from the main harness. The three lights are probably all run off of the same pigtail.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 07:52 AM   #3
Double b

Yep checked the bulbs on all 4 locations. They definitely runs off the same pigtail, looked underneath but no wires showing. was hoping for more of an exact location before cutting into the belly pan.
Double b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 12:17 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

No need to cut. Remove screws or grind off rivets and replace with self tapping screws.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:12 PM   #5
hankpage
Site Team

Check for wiring in the front storage compartment. The clearance lights on my 5r are run through the propane compartment which is in the same location as your storage compartment. Perhaps you may have pulled apart a wire-nut when storing some gear. With one of the bulbs out, use a continuity tester to see if one of the wires is ground .... you may have lost that connection or it is loose or corroded. All lights may not share the same ground. Good luck, let us know what you find, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wiring