Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2017, 08:05 AM   #1
tm826

2017 Outback 255UBH Dual Grey Tanks

Hello everybody,

We just picked up a new 2017 Outback 255UBH. The specs said it has a grey capacity of 60 Gallons - perfect! During delivery, the slide was out so we didn't notice it had 2 grey tank dump valves. Are the galley and grey tanks connected? The galley tank dump is in a horrible location (under the slide).

TIA
tm826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 08:35 AM   #2
Lee

Hi,

My Cougar 21RBSWE is exactly the same way,.... and No they are not connected.

Take care,
Lee

1970 F250 Highboy 4x4
2013 Cougar 21RBSWE
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 12:24 PM   #3
skikrazee

My Sprinter 29BH is the same way and is not connected to the other grey tank.
Just remember to hook up your drain hose prior to setting the slide out.
I typically dry camp and dump when I get back to the storage lot so not an issue for me.
2006 Forest River Work and Play 18LT (up for sale)
skikrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 01:06 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

My Cougar 27RKS also has dual gray tanks, one in front for the shower/bath sink and one in the rear for the kitchen sink. They each have a dump valve located at the tank exit, but they are plumbed so the drains all connect at one "sewer dump". So, you may be fortunate and find that you'll only need one sewer hose or you may find the tank drains are not plumbed together. In that situation, you can use two hoses for "dual drains" or you can buy a "Y" connector and connect your sewer hoses so you can drain without having to connect/switch/disconnect your dump hose.

As for the location of the tank drain handle, mine is also "knee deep" under the slide. I devised a handle to use to reach under the slide and pull the handle open or close it, however it's not in a convenient location, that's for sure !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 11:58 AM   #5
Bob Landry

If there is a dump valve handle for each grey tank, then they are not plumbed together. You will also find that one will fill a lot faster than the other. My solution to this is to keep the main dump valve shut off, as well as the black tank valve, and open the two grey water dump valves. This allows the tanks to fill at the same rate since water is going to seek it's own level in each tank. I do it this way so when camping for several days in parks with no sewer hookup, I only have to dump the grey tanks in the blue tote and haul grey water every three days or so. We use the parks facilities a lot so we never have to dump the black tank during a stay.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
outback, tank