Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2015, 07:47 PM   #1
tree1668

Auto level system

we have one of these on our Outback. I can only seem to get it to work in my own yard. I follow the printed instructions every time and continually I get the warning that says "out of stroke". This last weekend I figured out how to level it manually with the electric jack systems. Any tips out there?
"The Dude: Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
The Stranger: The Dude abides. I don't know about you but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us sinners. Shoosh. I sure hope he makes the finals."
tree1668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 05:07 AM   #2
JohnD

I have the lippert gen 3 auto-leveling on my cougar337, I found on mine by manually pulling the pins and dropping the front jacks close to the ground when unhooking the front jacks could not "ground". I have found if I leave them four inches or so from the ground and run them the rest of the way hydraulically it has no more problem leveling.
2012 Heartland North Trail
2015 Keystone Cougar 337fls
2021 Keystone Montana 3763BP
JohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 06:08 AM   #3
Barbell

I have seem the "out of stroke" message a few times when we are on a sloping spot and either front or rear jacks don't have enough stroke to level the trailer. Only thing I have found to do is to move to a more level spot. It usually happens when the slope is front to back rather than side to side. Have had the wheels on one side off the ground to get level also but saw no such message.
Barbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 06:23 AM   #4
GmaPaTime

As "JohnD" stated, pull the pin and drop front jacks about 4-5 inches and before activating system. This is how the instructions are spelled out to do it.
Once your in your site, check your reference level position on the digital screen. If it's stating that your off by a lot, you can add more blocks under the low pads to obtain more travel distance on the jack to get it level.

Steve
2015 Jayco 31UL MH
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29RLI
GmaPaTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:54 PM   #5
tree1668

So after 6 or 7 tear down and setups the advice of dropping the front jacks 3 or 4 inches from the ground worked! Thank you all!!
"The Dude: Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
The Stranger: The Dude abides. I don't know about you but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us sinners. Shoosh. I sure hope he makes the finals."
tree1668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 06:11 AM   #6
Cougar1957

Got the "out of stroke" message the first time I set her up in my driveway because the backside slopes down a bit. Has to be somewhat level to begin with to avoid this I learned. So, I pulled my backside tires up onto a couple of boards, and also put 4x4's under the rear jacks. The rears have a shorter stroke than the landing gear, and it was the backside rear jack that had originally ran out of stroke.

And I drop my landing gear all the way to the ground, and then lift it up to pop the pin into the nearest hole.
Cougar1957 is offline   Reply With Quote