Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2015, 08:53 AM   #1
Boisedad

Broke 2 interior doors and Keystone wants to charge $600 each!!!

We have had our 2014 Avalanche 360RB for 3 weeks. The first night we brought it home my wife was closing all the slides and didn't realize the bedroom door was open and the slide broke the door. Then, while at the shop installing a new Onan 5500 generator, the repair guy did the same thing. So, now we are down two doors and we haven't even taken it out yet. I called all the dealers in the closest three states and got the same answer over $600 per door!!! Are you kidding me!! It is just a hollow core, interior door. So, does anyone have any suggestions on where to get this odd size door?
Boisedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:18 AM   #2
chris199

Welcome to the club!! We picked up our new 5er 2 weeks ago today. Our first night out our kitchen slide crushed a cabinet door. Irony is DW and I discussed hydrolic slides...what to watch for. ..that morning. Ughhh...I was so pissed!!! We now open the slides just enough to get in and confirm all is OK. Also purchased two types of door magnets to see if that might help.

Anyway...called the dealer. They asked for VIN, pic of door, pic of hinge, finish of handle, and door dimensions. A week or so and $100 later, the replacdment door arrived. I need to drill holes for handle, install hinges, etc but it will be as good as new very soon.

2015 Keystone Montana 3791RD Legacy Edition, MorRyde 4000, Dual pane windows, Goodyear G rated tires.

2013 GMC Sierra 3500HD, Duramax, SLE, SRW, Crew, Hensley Trailer Saver hitch, Blue Ox BedSaver.
chris199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 10:12 AM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boisedad View Post
We have had our 2014 Avalanche 360RB for 3 weeks. The first night we brought it home my wife was closing all the slides and didn't realize the bedroom door was open and the slide broke the door. Then, while at the shop installing a new Onan 5500 generator, the repair guy did the same thing. So, now we are down two doors and we haven't even taken it out yet. Where do you go to order these types of parts? Do I have to go to a dealer or is there a better place to get them?
Boisedad, I would think that since the shop ruined one of the doors, they would be replacing it. While they are at it, have them order an extra one for you. ............... "Stuff happens" We have all been in the same position .... maybe not a double header but close. If you go to the "Repairs and maintenance" section you will find a list of Where to get RV parts and materials. Let us know what progress you make, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 10:16 AM   #4
dhn

If the dealer can't help, try trekwood. The passege doors are 3 or 4 pages in on this link. Good luck.

http://www.trekwood.com/parts-search...arch-keywords=

2019 GMC 3500 SRW CC 6.6
2013 Cougar X-Lite 29RBS
dhn is offline   Reply With Quote