Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #1
btx0708

Help

I have a 2003 cougar 5th wheel and I can't seem to figure out if I have an electric/propane hot water heater or if it's just propane. I have an on/off switch outside behins the water heater panel, and I have a heater switch inside near the controll panel. I have figured out the propane part I think but I turn the switch outside to the off position and the inside one to on. I wanit and not hot water. Can anyone help please. Thanks very much
btx0708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #2
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by btx0708 View Post
I have a 2003 cougar 5th wheel and I can't seem to figure out if I have an electric/propane hot water heater or if it's just propane. I have an on/off switch outside behins the water heater panel, and I have a heater switch inside near the controll panel. I have figured out the propane part I think but I turn the switch outside to the off position and the inside one to on. I wanit and not hot water. Can anyone help please. Thanks very much
Is there a circuit breaker for the hot water heater? If so, then you have an electric/propane heater. If not, then it's propane only.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:40 PM   #3
btx0708

Yes there is a breaker inside. I turned the "heater" switch to "on" the panel that shows battery level and water levels, it was on for about an hour and a half and i dont seem to have hot water. The switch outside near the propane portion of the heater I put to the "off" position. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 07-10-2012, 06:58 PM   #4
closesquarters

Quote:
Originally Posted by btx0708 View Post
Yes there is a breaker inside. I turned the "heater" switch to "on" the panel that shows battery level and water levels, it was on for about an hour and a half and i dont seem to have hot water. The switch outside near the propane portion of the heater I put to the "off" position. Am I doing something wrong?
Please don't be offended by me stating the obvious... Just wanted to make sure your rig is plugged into AC to test if you have an electric heater as iit won't run off battery.

On my '08 Challenger... It only had one switch inside the camper- "on/off," which was only for the gas to heat the water. I could turn that switch off... Then i had to go outside, and remove the access panel for the water heater and find a small on/off switch there. Turning that on meant turning on the electric heater for the water. It was a hassle but worth it to save LP gas.

2012 Keystone Montana 3582RL
2011 Duramax 3500 short box
closesquarters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:08 PM   #5
btx0708

It is plugged directly into a 15 amp breaker outlet. I was backwards then. I thought the switch inside turned the electric part on and the outside one did the LP. But I will not go switch them. Thanks two both of you that replied.