Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2011, 01:21 PM   #1
caberto

very low water pressure in bathrooms...

Hi all, we have a 2010 324RLS, and for the last couple of trips while on campground water, there has been very low water pressure in both bathroom toilets and sinks. The pressure in the shower in the main bathroom is fine, but the sink in both bathrooms - hot or cold - pressure is almost not there. Same for the toilet flushing.

The pressure is just a little better (not much) while using the tank and pump.

The pressure in the kitchen sink is great, no issue whatsoever there.

Does anyone have an idea what may be happening?

It's still under warranty, but if it's something simple, I'd rather do it than have to haul it in for service during work hours.

Thanks!
caberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:42 PM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Albert, Before I brought it back to the dealer I would check to see if the aerators on the sinks have become clogged. I'm not sure but there may be a screen on the inlet for the toilet also. It is very hard to kink the PEX tubing but the flexible supplies for each faucet can kink easily. Every trailer I have owned has had low hot water pressure at bath sink so I can't offer any encouragement there.
Hope this helps, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:56 AM   #3
mrxlh

We had a similar issue, except the pressure in the bathroom was great, the sink in the kitchen however was the low pressure spot. Thinking that the screen may have some trash on it, I pulled out and inspected it, didnt really see any thing on it, then I dropped it accidently, that when 2 of them went in different directions. There were 2 screens installed restricting flow. Installed only 1 back in, viola, problem solved.

2008 Ford F350 CC LWB Dually
2011 Raptor 4014LEV
2006 H-D FLHX
2010 Honda Rancher 420ES
mrxlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:38 PM   #4
Justthegirls

I know this topic is over 2 years old now, but thought I'd share our recent experience. We have. 2012 Outback 260 FL that we've camped in for 31 nights over the last 9 months. We always use a water filter when connecting to campground water and had never experienced water pressure problems until our most recent trip a week ago.

We set up the trailer and went inside to wash up and found a trickle of water coming from the kitchen sink. Tried the bathroom sink with the same result -- just a trickle of water. The shower was running just fine, then we tried the toilet. Hardly any water there, either.

We initially thought we might have a hose kink, but thankfully, (and after 2 long hours of troubleshooting and reading through our manual), we found that the problem was in the sink/toilet aerator filter things. We first unscrewed the kitchen aerator and found grayish white junk that resembled cat litter. Once we cleaned that aerator, the kitchen water flowed normally. In the bathroom sink aerator, we found more white junk that we easily removed.

The toilet wasn't as easy. We made sure to shut off the outside water and had a small bucket and towels handy. We first flushed all remaining water from the line. Then we disconnected the toilet valve on the lower right side of the toilet. There's a small screen/filter in the valve that we couldn't quite remove. Long fingernails saved the day as we managed to scrape out most of the grayish, white, cat litter-looking junk. After reconnecting the valve, the water flow was back to normal.

I hope this post will save somebody else the time and anxiety that we experienced. I seriously thought we were going to have to drag the trailer to a dealer to get the problem fixed. If we hadn't found someone else's solution on the Internet, no telling how much a dealer would have charged us.
Justthegirls is offline   Reply With Quote