Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-13-2015, 09:52 AM   #1
lspajm

Good Sam warranty

Does anyone have (and have experience ) with the rv extended warranties that you can purchase from good sam? Our tt is out of warranty and am thinking it may be good to have something if a major appliance should fail. Thoughts? Advice? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 Ford F-250 Diesel FX4, Crew Cab, 6.5 ft bed
lspajm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 11:38 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

I don't have an extended warranty, don't believe it is a cost advantage and wouldn't recommend one. That said, there are people who feel differently, people who can't or don't want to perform maintenance on their RV for a variety of reasons. For them, an extended warranty may be viewed as an advantage worth the cost. I don't know what category you place yourself in, so any recommendation would be a "best guess"....

There's a lot to think about and a lot of research that should be done before dropping $1500-3500 or even more on a "if it breaks" type of policy.

I have no investment in any company that sells "extended warranties" and have no previous experience with this company, but this website has some good information on what to expect and more importantly, what "NOT" to expect: http://www.rv-dreams.com/rv-extended-warranties.html

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote