Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2015, 05:07 PM   #1
siberian

Slide switch

On a 2010, the slide switch is in the bedroom which makes it impossible to see the slide as it goes in. Has anyone installed a separate switch more centrally located that you can actually see the slide move? I'm thinking of tapping off the fuse.

Thanx for any hints

siberian

The best long distance runners eat raw meat, run naked and sleep in the snow
siberian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 05:31 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

I have always used my ears to tell when a slide is done moving that I can't see. Schwintek slides go silent when done, rack and pinion will ratchet when done and hydraulic slides will have the pump motor start to labor, cable slides will have the motor start to strain.

Depending on which type of slide mechanism you have, it would probably be fairly straightforward to add another switch, but I wouldn't do it at the fuse. I would "piggy back" on the existing harness.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 11:22 PM   #3
siberian

I believe it's slide cables. Any idea where I can find a wiring diagram to let me know where to connect a DPDT switch? TIA

siberian

Old 07-06-2015, 05:19 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Wiring diagrams like plumbing diagrams are not available to anyone that I am aware of.

Removing the existing switch from the wall will show what color wires they used, but I would also check at the slide motor to be sure they didn't change ( seen it before).

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:58 PM   #5
siberian

Thanx Chuckster. The problem is that because I couldn't see the slide or anything else since it's in the bedroom, I destroyed the little side table as I didn't hear (until it was too late) that one of the chairs was dragged by the slide onto the table and since it's made of "paper" it just destroyed it.

Where would I look for the slide motor?

siberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Wiring diagrams like plumbing diagrams are not available to anyone that I am aware of.

Removing the existing switch from the wall will show what color wires they used, but I would also check at the slide motor to be sure they didn't change ( seen it before).

Old 07-07-2015, 05:21 AM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

If it's cable driven, the motor will be just about center, mounted above the slide inside. You can retract the slide part way to gain access.

Old 07-07-2015, 07:45 AM   #7
siberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
If it's cable driven, the motor will be just about center, mounted above the slide inside. You can retract the slide part way to gain access.
Thanx again for your help. The motor is thus under one of the dining seats?

siberian

Old 07-07-2015, 11:28 AM   #8
chuckster57
Site Team

ABOVE the slide, if it's cable driven.

Old 07-07-2015, 02:56 PM   #9
siberian

Thanx, I'll have a look!

siberian