Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2015, 07:26 AM   #1
nelsonmx

2010 Residence 401FE Water Leak

Hi all,

We purchased the trailer brand new in May of 2010. It was installed in a trailer park at that time.

Last summer we had a water leak from the bathroom window. I removed the window and resealed it using butyl tape at that time. I watched for leaks all last summer but there was no more water evident so I thought we were OK.

Last week low and behold there was water around the window frame again. It leaks in around the frame and then down the wall behind the shower and onto the floor. It took me three days to dry everything up. I again removed the window and resealed it. I even put a flashing above the window to prevent water from running down over the window in heavy rain.

This morning the water was back, again in a heavy down pour.

One of the things I noticed when the window is out there seems to be water coming from the aluminum siding channel that meets the window frame about one third down the window. That is to say that water gets into this joint in the siding and runs into the window frame area in heavy rain.

Looking around the roof line all the way to the front of the trailer above this joint I cannot see any problems with any of the caulking, rain gutter, or the roof itself.......

The only thing I did notice was that above the tip out there was one place in the siding where something sharp has dented the siding (like nails from inside) and in one place it seemed like the siding was punctured. I applied some caulking over this area to prevent any leaking. Unfortunately, the leak continues.

I am considering caulking the joint in the aluminum siding all the way across form the front of the trailer to the window.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this, or any similar experience with a leak such as this....

At this point I'm getting fed up as I seem to be unable to solve this issue.

Best regards,
Robert
nelsonmx is offline   Reply With Quote