Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2015, 03:13 PM   #1
Terriec

Slide out sticking and squeaking

2015 Keystone Premier slide is sticking and squeaking. How does it get lubricated?
Terriec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 07:10 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

Depending on what type of slide mechanism, the lubrication used is different and applied in a different manner.

Cable systems use a dry lube on the cables. Geared rails use a light lube on the gear teeth, but require inspection for dirt and debris.

All slides have seals on the edges that sweep stuff off. It's not uncommon for these to squeak, and there are spray treatments for them. I believe some members have used baby powder on them, but if you make them too "slick" they might not flip the right direction when the slide moves.

Do you know what type of slide mechanism you have and a more specific location of the squeak?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 11:33 AM   #3
ChuckS

On our Alpine the slide exterior and interior WALL seals would stick when unit had been closed up over the winter,etc.
I use a sock and baby powder now and rub it on the seals.. Exterior when opened and interior when closed. I do this usually every time we use the unit.
I don't get the sticking sounds and don't have the black marks from the seals anymore on the wall surfaces

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 12:04 PM   #4
Steve S

What these guys ^^^ said and also somewhere on the Keystone site it says to open and close your slide /slides once a month to make sure they operate properly to avoid any problems.