Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-28-2014, 10:15 PM   #1
dobbs_kyle

Wall plugs

I am to to using travel trailer s but I was wondering cause you use your wall plugs on battery?

And winterizing- what's the best way? I like the idea of compressed air but I wanna make sure I completely understand how to do it cause I don't wanna have things happen..

Thanks
dobbs_kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:10 PM   #2
Ken / Claudia

By saying wall plugs, I think you mean receptacles. Those that look just like the ones in a house. They only have power when connected to shore power or using a generater. The winterizing issuse is if you have a bypass kit, than follow that method with anti freeze. If using the air method, you still use anti freeze down all drains. Also dump some down the black tank flush to prevent the valve from freezeing. Have someone step on the toilet flush using either method to blow out water or add anti freeze into that flush valve. That valve is about 40 bucks and will crack with any freezeing. (Ask me how I know). The hot water tank needs to be drained and switch the bypass valve for it. The outside shower needs drained, to do so open the faucets, remember to close them. There is more to it than that but, did you get a manual to read thru. I read thru it while doing the winterizing. Let us know what trailer you have to get better information, they make too many trailers with different options. Always helps that someone else will say they have the same trailer and they do this or that because it was built with this or that stuff. Hope that gets you started.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:02 AM   #3
outwest

If your trailer has a black tank flush connection, dont forget to winterize it as well. And only use RV antifreeze; don't use the kind used for cars & trucks. RV antifreeze is non-toxic. The kind used for cars is poisonous and deadly.

2012 Keystone Vantage 32FLS
outwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 09:27 PM   #4
dobbs_kyle

Thanks guys
I have a 2007 keystone Springdale 298bh.

I don't have a bypass or a flush also
dobbs_kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 07:04 AM   #5
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbs_kyle View Post

And winterizing- what's the best way? I like the idea of compressed air but I wanna make sure I completely understand how to do it cause I don't wanna have things happen..

Thanks
There are numerous threads on winterization here on the forum. If you use the Search function (type in "winterizing"), you'll find plenty of information about this topic.