Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #1
jasonne

2013 3750fl Option & Truck Questions

Couple of quick questions on the 2013 Montana 3750 options. How important/desirable is the 6 Point Auto Leveling option, the 2nd a/c and a generator? Also, how important is a "dually" and diesel when choosing a truck? Thanks!
jasonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
fla-gypsy

IMO, the leveling system is important but is something else that can break, 2nd AC a must for a camper that size, Generator depends on the type of camping you do, and a DRW diesel truck an absolute for that size.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #3
Jet Fixer

The leveling is a must and you will thank yourself endlessly every time you set up. The 2nd air is also a must have. No question. The dually that's more truck than you need but I am partial to a Ford F450. Just my opinion. We arrived at our destination last night as the sun went down and we simply pushed a button and it was level. My boss was still outside trying to level his 5er while it was dark and we were watching tv outside in our 3750fl. We have a Big Sky edition that is painted black so the 2nd air is a smile on our face. Have a friend that arrived in Scottsdale today and both air's running can only manage 80 degrees. Imagine having only one!!
The generator you can pass up if you spend the majority of your time in rv parks. But get the generator ready option for resell.
Back to the dually... You could easily get by with a 1 ton srw truck. Just check the gear ratio and the spring codes listed on the door jam. I would refrain from taking advice from people who don't own a 3750 for obvious reasons. Pm me and I will tell you absolutely where to get he best deal on your purchase. Other's that have bought an FL could not believe what I paid!!
Old 08-11-2012, 11:47 AM   #4
mr.windows1

I am the owner of a 2012 3750fl and absolutely love it. The six point should come with all the new ones for the most part and yes it is a must in my opinion,it is so nice to get to your site and simply push a button and 15 seconds later you are all set. I have the second ac and it too is a must it makes it so much easier to cool the coach and since they are zoned you can set the temps independently to your desired temp. As far as the tow vehicle I pull mine with a 2011 F -350 SRW diesel and it pulls the camper no problem sure a dually would no doubt pull any big camper better but any properly equipped one ton PU will do just fine.
2011 Ford F-350 Lariat SRW
6.7L Powerstroke Diesel
Reese Pro Series Slider
mr.windows1 is offline   Reply With Quote