Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-08-2020, 12:39 PM   #1
Frisbeekev

Adding Shower Door

We were using our Tub/shower combo on our last trip and it just has a curtain. After having our kids get water all over the place as the curtain was not super effective, and the fact that it kept sticking to me as I showered, I was curious if you could add a shower door in place of the curtain? Does anyone have experience with that and if so where would I get the part(s)?

The other option I thought of was to remove the tub completely and replace it with a shower base, or build up the bottom and tile it, but does anyone know if besides the drain pipe are there water lines under there? I just want to know if anyone has maybe done this, and what I would be getting myself into before I go ripping the shower apart.
Frisbeekev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 12:51 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

I have installed this in a few trailers. Easy as measure twice, cut once and mount.

https://shop.stoett.com/nautilus-ret...-doors-for-rv/

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 02:09 PM   #3
wiredgeorge

I was going to put one of those Nautilus things in my camper but my bath/shower is only 2' wide and I was afraid I would take it out bending over for the soap if I dropped it. I put in an articulating shower rod:
https://www.campingworld.com/extend-...SABEgLX2PD_BwE
I also went to Home Depot and bought some gizmos that are self stick and go into the corners of the tub to keep water from splashing around my shower curtain. These are similar:
https://www.grab-bar.com/products/ti...iABEgImIvD_BwE

Now I can take a shower and bend over to pick up a bar of soap and not knock the shower curtain out of place of get water on our tiny camper bathroom floor.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is online now   Reply With Quote