Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2020, 10:53 AM   #1
drycamper

Wiring diagram/tank locations

Hi Forum,
First post, here. I have a bit to say about my 2015 21RSBWE Cougar, but will save to another post. Right now I'd like to understand my TT's wiring and tank locations, but having trouble finding it. It is an "polar" model, so is covered with corrugated plastic and bubble wrap. Any source for this info?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4805.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	220.2 KB
ID:	28883  
drycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 11:51 AM   #2
travelin texans

You'll need to ask here!
You will not receive/find any schematics for your RV or any other, Keystone considers that information proprietary. They don't have as builts & not entirely sure they have blue prints & if so the folks building them don't follow them. They seem to build them on the fly depending who's throwing them together on the line today, meaning there's typically not 2 built exactly the same.
Just FYI, the "polar" package you mentioned pretty much only consist of the corrugated plastic (coroplast) covering, so don't plan too heavily on using it in "polar" conditions.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 12:04 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

As Danny posted, you won't find any schematics on any Keystone RV. You will, if you search, find schematics on specific components manufactured by suppliers of those components. Things like the furnace, the water heater, the refrigerator, the leveling system will usually have schematics that are provided by the manufacturer of those components. You "will not find a schematic" provided by Keystone depicting how those components are connected to the Keystone wiring.

As for tanks, there is "considerable discussion" on a regular basis on this and other forums, attempting to determine if the 60 gallon gray tank capacity is in one, two or three separate tanks. Keystone has not yet, to my knowledge, confirmed even the quantity of tanks in their trailers, much less where they are, how they are installed or how they are plumbed in relation to each other....

So, what you're seeking, is not available to the general public, at least not from Keystone.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 12:20 PM   #4
drycamper

Would it be safe to assume fresh water tank would be close to pump and the supply/connect fittings on exterior (on mine, forward of axles)? Black tank under toilet (rear most, rear of axles), and both gray tanks somewhere in between? The reason why I’m trying to figure out where these tanks are is because I had a frame failure at both rear shackle brackets. I do travel with water in my tank. Not always full, though. But I keep my gray and black water usually empty. I don’t think having water caused this problem. But that is the subject of another post which I will do at a later time with pictures and how I was rescued from the mountains.
drycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 12:53 PM   #5
skids

I think the fresh water tank will be close to the fill port. The black tank will be very near the toilet to keep the slope of the dump line steep. The grey water tanks gaan be darned near anywhere...
Old 07-28-2020, 12:56 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

If you crawl under your RV, you'll find three "low point drains". Two should be located in the same vicinity and they are the hot/cold plumbing line drains. The other is "directly under the lowest point" on the fresh water tank.

Typically, yes the gravity fill and the location of the water pump are "in close proximity" to the fresh water tank, but sometimes the gravity fill can be on the opposite side of the trailer and/or the water pump could be located a significant distance away from the FW tank, either because of cabinet/suitable mounting locations or to co-locate the pump with other components (like locating the furnace, water pump and water heater, all in the belly of a fifth wheel)...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 05:45 AM   #7
KenJFerguson

Wow... that's amazing Danny! This explains a lot about the quality of the mass-produced products coming out of Elkhart despite their fancy marketing videos showing their shop floor. And, no I have no intention of going polar. All this underbelly means to me is that the frame might not get dirty/rusty and it will be a PITA to fix anything (like the soft spots in my floor, bolt heads coming up through the flooring etc)
Old 11-30-2020, 05:48 AM   #8
KenJFerguson

I wonder if any 2014 22RBPR owner:

a) didn't get the thermal underbelly and can see their tanks
b) removed the underbelly and has seen the tank location

Danny above made a good point but surely this specific model and the ones close to it have some rhyme or reason to tank location.
Old 11-30-2020, 05:49 AM   #9
KenJFerguson

I assume the same.
Old 11-30-2020, 05:52 AM   #10
KenJFerguson

Just winterized the lines with pink stuff as it will hit "feels like 19" here in Atlanta tonight. Found all the drain points as you mentioned. Including the hot water tank ... and of course the designers made sure you couldn't access the hex head nylon drain plug with any kind of wrench without first removing the exhaust baffle.
Old 11-30-2020, 09:02 AM   #11
skids

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenJFerguson View Post
Just winterized the lines with pink stuff as it will hit "feels like 19" here in Atlanta tonight. Found all the drain points as you mentioned. Including the hot water tank ... and of course the designers made sure you couldn't access the hex head nylon drain plug with any kind of wrench without first removing the exhaust baffle.
Try finding a shallow socket and attach an extension with a swivel end (not a universal elbow).
Old 11-30-2020, 09:15 AM   #12
chuckster57
Site Team

Drain plug is 15/16” and I use a socket on a swivel extension.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 10:36 AM   #13
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenJFerguson View Post
The "feels like" temps are only applicable to humans and and animals that perspire through the skin. Wind chill is the effect of wind and humidity and how rapidly the perspiration evaporates from the skin, same measure as "heat index" in the summer. Water freezes basically at 32 deg fahrenheit and wind chill has no effect on that.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 07:44 AM   #14
Peysar

Water heater tank location

2004 Keystone Everest 343L- where the heck is the actual tank that holds the hot water for water heater? We need to replace it and even Keystone can’t give me exact location. Also, anyone install house size water heater for 5th wheel permanently set up that will never be moved?
Peysar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 09:09 AM   #15
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peysar View Post
2004 Keystone Everest 343L- where the heck is the actual tank that holds the hot water for water heater? We need to replace it and even Keystone can’t give me exact location. Also, anyone install house size water heater for 5th wheel permanently set up that will never be moved?
Walk around the outside, look just above the belt line( floor) for a hinged cover that’s probably white, square and has a grill on the top, one side or the other.

https://rvpartsusa.com/dometic-water...nt=Catch%20All

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, wiring, wiring diagram