Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2014, 05:11 PM   #1
Insanemoondoggie

Docking light stays on.

We have a new Cougar 327res and I can not shut the docking light off. I have pulled the wires on the docking light switch and it still stay lit. Disconnected the shore power and threw the battery disconnect and it still stays on.
I can turn the LED strip docking lights on and off with the switch inside the camper but the docking light stays on. Any ideas ?
Old 06-23-2014, 05:20 PM   #2
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

If you have a remote shut off docking light with it, the docking light switch inside will then operate docking light normally.
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:30 PM   #3
Insanemoondoggie

Thank you so much, I did not have a clue about the remote. Just went out and tried it and it worked.
The dealer we bought our camper off of, left us hanging after we paid for it. We did not get a walk thru or any instructions with the camper, so we have been winging it.
Thanks again for your help, we really appreciate it.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:17 AM   #4
SkiSmuggs

I played with my remote once, then when leaving the campground was told my docking or scare light was on. The switch had no effect and then remembered playing with the remote. It did the job.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:21 PM   #5
buzzcop63

Three years I have had our trailer and have used the remote many, many times, great help. Also know that it would turn on the Scare light. While camping this last week I was standing by the control panel late one night and looking at my remote and thought that it had been a long time since I checked its own small light, so I played with it and did not get its light to turn on. Anyway, I turned off the remote and went to bed. About 2AM in the morning got up for the bathroom and thought I would look out the kitchen door and see how the awning was doing in the rain, worried that it might be getting too much of a water load. Surprise, opened the door and it was very light outside. Looked over and my Scare light was on lighting up about 6 trailers that were all parked in Pull Through at the state park we were staying in. My light switch for the Scare light was off and I turned it on and off a few times and the light stayed on! Next day I took the bulb out of the light and waited until we got home to do a search and now I know how dense I can be! Tomorrow I put the bulb back in and use the remote to turn it off. Thanks for the help as my next steps would have been tearing apart the control panel.