Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 12-31-2013, 09:09 AM   #1
montanajoe

bang in bedroom slide out

hello,
just got our 2014 Montana,3625re 2 weeks ago and was wondering if any one else has this problem. the bed room slide is now electric with cables. when the slide goes out and is almost to the end of its travel, I hear a loud bang. everything looks ok and nothing is out of aline, its just the bang.
I will take it to the dealer in the spring, but I just was wondering if anyone else had this problem or maybe this is a normal sound.
montanajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:14 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

I also have an electric cable actuated slide. Ours is the closet/shelving. We don't have any noise at the end of slide travel other than the motor slows down. I would think at least the slide needs to be checked, something is either misaligned or loose.

I wouldn't wait until spring to notify the dealer. Keystone's warranty is only for 90 days on the slide adjustment. At least notify the dealer now so the problem will be on record after that 90 days has expired.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 02:34 PM   #3
Martydonna

I have 2013 327RES Cougar 5th Wheel and mine was hitting a board under the bed on the way in due to loose exterior rollers causing unit to track lower than it should. Was able to tighten them without any disassembly. Hope this helps.
Martydonna is offline   Reply With Quote