Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-28-2013, 02:37 PM   #1
bcsjbaylor

Hydraulic Pump on 34SAQ

I have a small problem with the hydraulic pump on my 2007 fifth wheel, model 34SAQ. Both when putting the slides in or out, the pump motor will often times quit after pushing the 3rd slide, and maybe half way through the 4th. If I count to 10, the pump will work and the 4th slide will continue on it's way in or out.

At first I thought the motor was just getting hot, but 10 seconds doesn't seem like a whole lot of time to cool down. Plus when I felt the motor and the pump, nothing was at all hot, or even warm.

This has been doing this for the 2 years I've had the fifth wheel. It isn't a big problem as I've never been stuck not being able to open/close the slides. But I'd sure like to know why it does.

Thanks.
bcsjbaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 02:48 AM   #2
MConnelly

Start with the basics..90% of pump problems are in the connection of the battery. Check to see that the connections are clean and tight . Even the ones that go to the fuze connections. Have the battery checked. (The pump is quite a load) . Maybe a cell is weak or sulfated. Check the fluid level in the pump reservoir.
MConnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:00 PM   #3
WaltBennett

If you are using a remote, it may be time to replace the battery. Had that happen to me a few months ago.

'06 F350 Lariat turbo diesel dually, Curt 20k, Softopper, Aerosheld, coolant filter, air bags
'10 3665RE Hickory, wet bolts, Trimetric battery monitor, 4 100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking!
WaltBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:57 PM   #4
abneynormal

mine too

your pump has a self resetting circuit breaker mine clicks off I hear it click and I continue on. im going to buy a back up for when it dosent reset. fyi it is a little silver box with 2 bolts w/nuts that has a wire bolted to each terminal close to the battery.