Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2013, 11:33 PM   #1
Vancouvercampers

Any problems with Keystone Cougar 26BHSWE?

My wife and I are on the verge of buying a 2013 cougar 26BHS and I am looking so see if anyone has any experience with them and can comment on their pros and cons... Hopefully more pros!

It's a toss up between this one or the Primetime Tracer 2670 BHS which has virtually the identical layout,

Thanks for any input.
Vancouvercampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:15 PM   #2
SkyPiGG

I have a 26BHS X-lite, which is the east coast version of the 26BHSWE. Ours is a 2011 model, but you can watch a good video of a 2013 model . We bought it new, and delivery was just just a few weeks.

The only warranty items we had were a missing handle for the galley grey-water valve, and the bathroom door needed adjusting so it could close. It tows real nice, even with my half-ton. The east coast ver has about 150 pounds more dry weight on the hitch due to the aerodynamic front-end, but even still, I have no control problems, even in 30-40mph winds.

First the cons: We hate the U-shaped dinette, but that may just be our preference. The cushions are really uncomfortable. In-fact, we are looking into replace the foam with something more firm. If and when we upgrade, we'll definately get the free-standing dinette. The kitchen needs more counter space. Unfortunately, that's just the way it goes for most 26 foot bunk houses. Our trailer has a little flip-up counter that provides some more space, but you end up utilizing the dinette for indoor meals. (We prepare meals outdoors mostly, so it's not a huge deal for us.) Lastly, the shower head dribbles water when it is toggled "off", and the water runs along the hose, onto the tub, and then the floor. I thought it was a leak the first time it happened. Now we stick a towell there.

Pros: The main bed is super-comfy! Amazingly, my wife and I found this bed to be more comfortable that are crazy-expensive matress at home. The sliding door to the bedroom offers some privacy aways from kids. Much better than a curtain. (It has derailed a few times, but not a big deal.) The kids enjoy the privacy of the bunks. They are like little hide-outs for them. The arched ceiling is great! I am 6'4", and am used to ducking down while in a trailer. Not in ours! Lots of storage in front and in the rear. Much more than in other 26' bunk houses.

Evertime we go to an RV show, it reaffirms that we got a great purchase. Cougars are built real-sturdy, and we don't see changing-up any time soon.

Good luck with your decision! Hope this helped!
SkyPiGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:39 AM   #3
davidjsimons

I own the 2013 28RBS, and fortunately, have no complaints. I have had a wonderful experience thus far with the Cougar line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
davidjsimons is offline   Reply With Quote