Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2021, 01:02 PM   #1
Clement

KeyTV

On the panel of the KeyTV the blue light is not open ?

There is a fuse or switch?

Thanks
Clement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 01:42 PM   #2
ChuckS

Yes there is a fuse and if the blue LED isn’t on the either no 12 volts to the KeyTV module or module has failed.

You can remove the module and there are two wires on back along with coax cables.. the wires sully 12 volts from ... should be main power center panel DC side but who knows.

The PDF I’ve attached will tell you everything available that I am aware of regarding the magic little box...

Note.. it has a very high failure rate and usually will not pass any SAT signals from a SAT dish thru to SAT receiver inside
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Key TV MSSC Troubleshooting Guide.pdf (1.73 MB, 135 views)

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 02:56 PM   #3
skids

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
Yes there is a fuse and if the blue LED isn’t on the either no 12 volts to the KeyTV module or module has failed.

You can remove the module and there are two wires on back along with coax cables.. the wires sully 12 volts from ... should be main power center panel DC side but who knows.

The PDF I’ve attached will tell you everything available that I am aware of regarding the magic little box...

Note.. it has a very high failure rate and usually will not pass any SAT signals from a SAT dish thru to SAT receiver inside
That PDF is incorrect for the FM radio in my Bullet which has the keytv. There is no purple cable attached to the module. The Furrion batwing top half has a black connection (12V) and a white connection that goes directly to the FM radio (presumably).
Old 04-11-2021, 06:11 AM   #4
ChuckS

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids View Post
That PDF is incorrect for the FM radio in my Bullet which has the keytv. There is no purple cable attached to the module. The Furrion batwing top half has a black connection (12V) and a white connection that goes directly to the FM radio (presumably).
I would suspect in your case the black wire is providing 12 VDC to the preamp head on the Furion wing... the white is ground... how they are getting FM signal to your radio can be determined by looking on backside of the radio...

I suspect you will see a simple single wire or a twin lead for a dipole configuration and it most likely doesn't go the that OTA on the roof....

I have not seen any further updated info, schematics, etc on the KeyTV module and it is nothing but junk with a lousy design, no support, and no help

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote