Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2020, 08:22 AM   #1
wiredgeorge

Economic Impact Payments

Was curious about when our masters in the Fed govt would see fit to send along the economic impact payments promised last month.* They initially said about three weeks at the end of March and of course that claim has disappeared from the IRS website.* By the time they get around to sending the money, many who really need it will be really hurting.* I was thinking about buy a new gun or some stuff for the RV but the missus was thinking about having the trim on the house painted... (battle lines forming)* *Now the IRS is saying this: (I would check in as soon as that form posts and make sure you click your payment method as they were saying if you direct deposited your tax refund you need do nothing; sounds like that may not be the case.)

Filers: Get*Your Payment

Use the "Get My Payment" application (coming mid-April) to:
Check your payment status
Confirm your payment type: direct deposit or check
Enter your bank account information for direct deposit if we don't have* your direct deposit information and we haven't sent your payment yet

Get My Payment (coming mid-April)
Update your information

Direct deposit: Use the Get My Payment application (coming mid-April) to let us know your bank account information if we don't have your direct deposit information and we haven't sent your payment.

Check payment: If you moved since you last filed,*let us know your new mailing address.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 09:19 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

All of the very reliable news outlets have been saying they will start the middle of next week from the lowest income and work on up. .... I'm not holding my breath. But there is a used Sig I have had my eye on.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 09:54 AM   #3
notanlines

George, let me tell you how the cow ate the cabbage: You're going to (in a weak moment) find your way to the gun store and buy that gun (that you probably have two very similar if not exactly the same) and then when your DW finds out she will hold it on you to make you paint the trim on the house. See how clearly my mind works after my ninth episode of Night Court?
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 11:45 AM   #4
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
George, let me tell you how the cow ate the cabbage: You're going to (in a weak moment) find your way to the gun store and buy that gun (that you probably have two very similar if not exactly the same) and then when your DW finds out she will hold it on you to make you paint the trim on the house. See how clearly my mind works after my ninth episode of Night Court?
Dang! I am glad I am not facing sensory deprivation in Tennessee! Actually we are doing fine; I worked for the Fed and have a monthly pension and my social security and the missus has a small pension from her days at ITT and also draws social security; my carb business is about normal for this time of the year; perhaps a bit busier... with the house and all vehicles paid off (including the 2002 Cougar), we are in about the same shape as before the crisis so the money is like found money. Unfortunately, I know who will have to pony up once this thing is done and they start eyeing me as a rich taxpayer. Standard for rich will probably be about $30K a year net hehehe
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 12:37 PM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Dang! I am glad I am not facing sensory deprivation in Tennessee! Actually we are doing fine; I worked for the Fed and have a monthly pension and my social security and the missus has a small pension from her days at ITT and also draws social security; my carb business is about normal for this time of the year; perhaps a bit busier... with the house and all vehicles paid off (including the 2002 Cougar), we are in about the same shape as before the crisis so the money is like found money. Unfortunately, I know who will have to pony up once this thing is done and they start eyeing me as a rich taxpayer. Standard for rich will probably be about $30K a year net hehehe
Happy to hear you are doing so well. There's a lot of people waiting for that money so they can eat. I can't image how tough it must be for someone working as an independent contractor or working for a small company that was working for a good wage one day and have nothing coming in the next.
Makes me very thankful for what I have.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 04:27 PM   #6
Canonman

Heck! We're still waiting for our tax refund filed for a month ago. I guess they're busy
We are extremely lucky to be in that minority where the neither the stimulus or the tax refund is depended on to put food on the table. Very thankful for the good fortune we've enjoyed and very sorry for those who this current situation has brought hardship and loss.
We should all count our blessings!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_5438.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	271.8 KB
ID:	26285  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 07:42 PM   #7
McRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonman View Post
Heck! We're still waiting for our tax refund filed for a month ago. I guess they're busy
We are extremely lucky to be in that minority where the neither the stimulus or the tax refund is depended on to put food on the table. Very thankful for the good fortune we've enjoyed and very sorry for those who this current situation has brought hardship and loss.
We should all count our blessings!
Agreed. I am in the same boat. No change to my financial situation with or without COVID19. haha, no change to my social distancing posture either!

Glad people who need the funds will get it and happy the next generation don't mind paying us who don't really need it. Life is good.
McRod is offline   Reply With Quote