Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2020, 04:46 AM   #1
Kyledr04

2020 Raptor 429

Good morning all. First time poster and first time to the site. We currently have a Jayco Seismic wave 400w but looking to upgrade to a newer camper. We have our eyes on a new 429 Raptor. Looking for real life experience with these if anyone has some. A few things we've noticed are: smaller shower, the underbelly storage is small on all the new raptors. I understand all models and brands have issues when you first get them, but was curious how the over all durability is with their systems. Thank you for the input and looking forward to becoming a Keystone owner.
Kyledr04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 04:34 PM   #2
Big1

Welcome to the forum, I don't know too much about the TH you mention so hopefully someone will chime in.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 11:38 PM   #3
Rall

I have 2020 raptor 423 bought it 6 months ago, after the 1st month I had problems with the fridge (is not working), is leaking from one jack (autolevel system) I had to replace the silicone of the slides, and talking about the shower is good size for me, and the outside storage yes very small.
Rall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 07:45 AM   #4
Rdynbama

We have a 2019 Raptor 356 we bought last August and it has had a couple issues but not any show stoppers
Fridge wouldn’t run on gas but it seems to have fixed itself
Generator has over 400 hours logged but I have only ran it for about 3 hours, dealership says they ran it for 3 hours to check it and it only logged an additional 3 hours, they’re saying it could have been the auto start feature starting and stopping without me knowing! Maybe but I’m pretty sure it didn’t run 400 hours on 1/4 tank of gas!!
Sofa slide interior wall was bowed ( new panel on order)
The rear camera wouldn’t pair with the monitor but it turns out that there’s a switch somewhere in the garage area that powers the camera, not the running lights like I was told during the walkthrough.
It’s at the dealership now having these issues addressed and we’ll pick it back up in a couple of weeks
The floor plan with the bath and a half , 3 ac, and auto level is what sold us the small under belly storage is a drawback . It’s not big enough to put much in

2011 F450 Lariat
Anderson Ultimate Hitch
Rdynbama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 08:52 AM   #5
Texcoonazz

We bought a new older stock 2018 428SP last year and had to get a few minor items fixed. The biggest was SCREWS. I bet there were 20-30 screws that had been over torqued and broken during manufacturing. One was the tail light which caused it to drop some. Dealer fixed it easy enough. Second was the top / roof of the slides. The electric motors leaked oil onto the rubber and caused the area to swell. Dealer installed pans under each and ran a strip across the area effected.(NOT HAPPY with that fix but they said this is what Keystone approved.).

After purchased take it out a few times and look it over good. You are going find stuff. Hopefully it is minor.
Texcoonazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
raptor