Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2019, 04:19 AM   #1
gbjax95

Black Sensor Question

We have a 2019 Keystone Outback 328Rl. Have noticed recently that when I drain the sensors still show 1/3 2/3 etc. I read alot of replies to other posting. I use the black flush and a Camco RV Flexible Swivel Stik. I alternate them and use at the same time. After I complete the black flush and Swivel stik my tank sensor shows empty. We left the camper (no one stayed in the camper) plugged in for 24 hours then when we came back we noticed the sensors were again showing 2/3 before anyone used it. Dont understand why they read empty but the next day were showing 2/3 when no one used it. Any help or recommendation is greatly appreciated.
2019 Keystone Outback 328RL

gbjax95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 05:02 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Moisture, and probably some toilet paper hanging on the sensors. Put a bucket under the drain outlet and open the black tank valve. Leave it open for a while and see if it shows empty.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 08:59 AM   #3
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbjax95 View Post
We have a 2019 Keystone Outback 328Rl. Have noticed recently that when I drain the sensors still show 1/3 2/3 etc. I read alot of replies to other posting. I use the black flush and a Camco RV Flexible Swivel Stik. I alternate them and use at the same time. I can get my tank sensor to show empty. We left the camper in storage (no one stayed in the camper) plugged in and came back the next day and noticed the sensors were again showing 2/3. Dont understand why they read empty but the next day were showing 2/3 when no one used it. Any help or recommendation is greatly appreciated.
You're better off learning the sounds & length of time to fill the tanks & don't sweat the sensors not working or you'll drive yourself nuts trying to fix something that's not worth fixing.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote