Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-22-2011, 08:30 AM   #1
fish8it

Rubber Roof

I have a 2011 Cougar 326MKS and have several places on my rubber roof that have bubbles. Keystone has agreed to replace the roof. My question is, does anyone have any knowledge on how these roofs are replaced? I also am worried that the dealer where I bought it is not capable of replacing it. Anyone know of a good dealer close to Denver, Colorado? Please don't tell me Century RV....that's the dealer I have had trouble with.
fish8it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:46 AM   #2
jq1031

A MAJOR repair like replacing the roof needs a competent repair shop or the problem will become a bigger problem. Most small dealers are not equipted to handle such a repair. In my opinion this calls for a trip up to Goshen, Indiana the home of Keystone. They do not do factory repairs, however there is a few places up there that repair for Keystone. One of them is D&T RV Repair located at 65095 Firethorn Dr. Goshen, In.46526 phone # 574-533-1803. I've dealt with these people, seen there shop and know the job will be done correct. Also, they are in a position to deal with Keystone regarding the repair cost. Good luck!!
jq1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:47 AM   #3
Rkymtnman

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I definitely second your premonition to stay clear of Century's service department. I too purchased my Cougar from them and I am REALLY glad I can fix most everything myself. Anything I can't fix, I will look elsewhere to have repaired (so far, that has been nothing.... )

Sorry I have no where else to suggest as I have no first hand knowledge but I believe Steve Casey's in Wheatridge sells the Montana line. Not sure if they are any better but perhaps worth checking out.

....or drive to Indiana if you have the opportunity.

To me, none of this stuff is rocket science but for sure, there is a right and wrong way to go about doing it. Anything properly researched, understood and if you take your time, will work out just fine in my experience frame-off restoring vintage campers. Problem with a lot of these places is, no one takes their time and they don't keep staff more than a year at best so you are rolling the dice unless you find someone who has done a lot of these. Only place to find that, is in Indiana as jq pointed out.

Let us know how you make out!
Prodigy Brake Controller

....looking to upgrade both in the coming year....
Rkymtnman is offline   Reply With Quote