Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2018, 09:06 AM   #1
lunge motorsport

EZ lube service

Here is my report on the 1st use of the EZ lube feature on my Torflex 7k axles with disc brakes.
Yesterday was a perfect day to perform this service as it was 80 degrees in the Beautiful Tri-Valley. I started by setting the new tubes of Valvoline grease on a black surface in the sun for a few hours to bring up their temperature. I then took the coach out for a drive to bring the bearings, races, and seals to working temperature as well. I lifted and supported the coach and removed the wheels giving ample space for the lube service and a brake fluid flush and inspection. I reviewed the service procedure one last time with the Dexter video and went to it. While continuously rotating the hub I slowly pumped grease into the zerk fitting on the spindle. After several minutes I looked at the rear seal of the hub to see if any grease was escaping then continued until grease filled the protective hub cap. Each axle used approximately 7 ounces of grease so 2 complete tubes were used. During the service I noted the increased rotational resistance of each of the hubs indicating a thorough filling of the cavity and bearings. At this point I am happy to report that the EZ lube feature worked to design spec with no unintended consequences. All brake fittings, lines, and hydraulic connections are secure with no signs of weeping so I’m feeling pretty good about the day.
Old 08-26-2018, 09:19 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Good deal!! Since you have Disc brakes you don't have to worry about saturating the pads with grease. Those of us with drum brakes still have to be careful that we don't pump any grease past the rear seal and get the shoes, drum or magnet wet, That's one good argument for disc brakes.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 09:20 AM   #3
Javi

Wishing you continued good luck..
Old 09-17-2018, 06:36 PM   #4
KenW

Doing my HC 370BR in Concord this weekend-THANKS!
KenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:05 PM   #5
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Good deal!! Since you have Disc brakes you don't have to worry about saturating the pads with grease. That's one good argument for disc brakes.
Not to mention the 110% improvement in trailer braking!!!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote