Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-01-2018, 09:47 AM   #1
hollirg1

You might check your LPG hoses

Even if you have a relatively new camper, you may want to check the condition of your LPG hoses.

We arrived at our campsite this past weekend and I attempted to brew some coffee on the stove. To my surprise, no flame. I had just filled the tanks, so I knew something was fishy. I went to my tanks and found one empty and when I switched to the other I heard the hissing sound of gas flowing. It turned out to be a large hole in the LPG hose that connects the tank selector to the RV.

What surprises me the most is that my RV is about a year and a half old and I don't use it all that much. Take a look at the attached photos to see how damaged that hose was.

I have installed a new hose and I will wrap it with some sort of protector as soon as I am able so that it is protected on future trips.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180731_175934.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	281.2 KB
ID:	17787   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180731_182504.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	241.7 KB
ID:	17788  
hollirg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:13 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Looks to me like you've hit "something" that has cut the hose, or something has hit it. Those don't really look like varmint teeth - more like cuts. The hole...?? Is this the length of hose that goes from the regulator and ties to the gas line that feeds the trailer? I agree it apparently needs additional protection but I would definitely be trying to figure out what is cutting it like that.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:55 AM   #3
Bisjoe

You can get wire loom in 1" diameter that would help protect that. I got some to cover up some of the wires in the entertainment center. That definitely looks like something damaged it.

Bisjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 11:08 AM   #4
hollirg1

Exactly what I was thinking. Thx.
hollirg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 12:53 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

Yep, failed to mention it but wire loom is what I would use. Heck, I've even got a roll of 1" in the attic......but, it's a beautiful turquoise color I used on a special engine project. Probably just want to get a length at the auto supply store, Auto Zone, Amazon etc.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 03:06 PM   #6
roadglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollirg1 View Post
Even if you have a relatively new camper, you may want to check the condition of your LPG hoses.

We arrived at our campsite this past weekend and I attempted to brew some coffee on the stove. To my surprise, no flame. I had just filled the tanks, so I knew something was fishy. I went to my tanks and found one empty and when I switched to the other I heard the hissing sound of gas flowing. It turned out to be a large hole in the LPG hose that connects the tank selector to the RV.

What surprises me the most is that my RV is about a year and a half old and I don't use it all that much. Take a look at the attached photos to see how damaged that hose was.

I have installed a new hose and I will wrap it with some sort of protector as soon as I am able so that it is protected on future trips.
Both my hoses where dry rotted last year and leaking . I posted pics of the hoses removed from 2015 every propane hose should be inspected . I believe some body stands and makes hoses for rvs they walk out in the yard an get 100 foot roll of dry rotten hose .
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote