Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2018, 06:27 AM   #1
Davis7174

Montana issues

We just purchased a 2018 Montana, loving it! I am having issues with getting the icemaker to start working. I have turned it on and open both valves, one under the sink and one under in the pantry, still no ice! Help!!!
Davis7174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 06:59 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

What type of refer? Residential? Does it have an arm over the ice tray or a switch?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 07:58 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

The water line from the main trailer to the refrigerator ice maker is pretty long. All of the air needs to be purged out of that line before the first water will get to the ice maker (to fill the cavities). It takes a couple hours for each "freeze and dump" cycle. So it may take a couple of days before the first water reaches the ice maker. You'll want to make sure that water is in the cavities and you'll also want to toss the first several batches of ice. They will probably have an "off taste/color" because of trash/dust/debris in the water lines.

You can hurry the process by cycling the ice maker (a process of using a screwdriver to advance the gears inside the ice maker) but if you're not familiar with how to do that, I'd suggest just waiting it out.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 10:20 AM   #4
Davis7174

It is a residential, there is no arm over it and I can't find any switch. We've had it on since Sunday and still nothing.
Davis7174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 10:28 AM   #5
brad2388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis7174 View Post
It is a residential, there is no arm over it and I can't find any switch. We've had it on since Sunday and still nothing.

Not sure how your camper is layed out but there maybe another valve in the line.

I had to take out a drawer under my oven to find mine.

If they are all on on the ice maker it self under the bottom of it there is a small square button. If you press that button for 2-3 secs it will operate the maker. It will dump the tray and refill. Do that several times until you have water.
brad2388 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
montana