Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2012, 07:30 AM   #1
FRANANDTOMMY

Electrical connection

we noticed on the new 2013 TT's that the electrical outlet is not the cord you pull out but a stationary receptacle and then you can plug in your cord.
Is it possible to change over the current pull out cord that is on our 2010 Laredo to this type of outlet????????
FRANANDTOMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:27 AM   #2
cathcartww

Marinco makes a kit to let you do the conversion:

http://www.marinco.com/product/30-am...conversion-kit

2014 Forest River Wildcat 272RLX Fifth Wheel
2018 F-250 4x4 Crew Cab 6.2L Gasser
cathcartww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:29 AM   #3
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANANDTOMMY View Post
we noticed on the new 2013 TT's that the electrical outlet is not the cord you pull out but a stationary receptacle and then you can plug in your cord. Is it possible to change over the current pull out cord that is on our 2010 Laredo to this type of outlet????????
Yup, there are two versions available; 30 amp and 50 amp. Any RV with a fixed shoreline can be converted. It's a fairly straight forward DIY job. If you are comfortable with changing out a wall receptacle in your home, this is no more difficult.

(I've never heard a bad comment about Marinco products.) http://marinco.com/productline/rv-power-conversion-kits

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:31 AM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

FRANANDTOMMY -
Yes, it is possible to change the pull-out cord to one that plugs into an exterior outlet. There is a Marinco conversion kit that is available at CW or you can purchase the parts separately. It is not a complicated task but if you are not comfortable working with electrical components, you should get it done by someone who knows what they are doing. If it will be a DIY project, just ensure that you unplug your unit from all A/C sources and flip the breakers prior to beginning the work
Old 12-02-2012, 10:52 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Franandtommy,

When I bought my Marinco conversion kit (30 AMP) about 18 months ago, I found it almost $50 cheaper at Amazon.com than at CW. it's the same kit either place, so unless you're one that "really likes to fund CW" you might shop around some before you buy. The conversion is straight forward and very easy to do. The only issue may be the size of the hole in the RV might be almost "too big" for the Marinco adapter. If it is, you can easily use a piece of an old "plastic cutting board, or buy a piece of white lexan from Lowes/HD to adapt the hole, then mount the Marinco adapter to that plastic sheet.

If you have any questions, just ask, I'm sure there are lots of people who have completed the conversion and will be happy to help with advice/shortcuts, etc

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:49 AM   #6
hankpage
Site Team

Another option is to replace the stock "Mouse Hole" with a lager electrical hatch and still keep the same storage area but with easier access.
This way I don't have to lug that heavy cord and find someplace new to store it.
Just something else to consider, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:43 PM   #7
Mighty Ming

Just checked A and E for the kit -30arvkit. $32.00 cheaper on E than at A. Did not ck CW. Cheapest was $82.00... Better than $114.00. Shop around folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go Padres!!
Mighty Ming is offline   Reply With Quote