Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2020, 05:32 PM   #1
Lars

Is it possible to replace my rear dinette with and RV sofa?

Good evening, folks.

I hope everyone one is well as we head down the home stretch to Christmas.

I recieved a lot of great advice on this forum in the past, so I thought I would throw another question out there.

We have a 2018 Springdale 2020QB. We have made some upgrades and we love the trailer....however, we are not enjoying the rear dinette as much as we thought we would.

My question is this: has anyone replaced their rear dinette with Sofa? In particular, an RV sofa with storage underneath/ I don't know where to start, and I don't even know if it is possible to purchase an RV sofa.

Thank you for any adive you could throw my way.

Cheers,

Lars
Lars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 06:05 PM   #2
BrooksFam

I have not done it, but yes you should be able to. Camping World does have some RV furniture as well as some others. Do a RV furniture search on the internet. Some residential furniture may fit also, but likely weighs more.
EAZ-Lift Recurve R3 #1200

BrooksFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 07:21 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

It looks like the furnace is under the curb side dinette seat and there's an outside storage door that opens to a space under the roadside dinette seat. The TV cable/satellite connection is also on the roadside and runs into that seat space....

While it's possible to remove the dinette, you'll need to determine how much space you'll need to build a cabinet to house the furnace, the air distribution box and also design some way to keep the return airflow "unrestricted". Building a small "table/cabinet" to conceal the outside door shouldn't be too much of a problem, but reconfiguring the furnace will take some "SERIOUS" thought, not only from a fire prevention perspective, but also to maintain the airflow requirements.

Once you get that figured out, will there be enough space remaining between the two for a comfortable sofa ????

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dinette