Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2020, 03:37 AM   #1
Nivluv

Keystone Key TV FM Radio

Hello, I took my Key TV control module off to see what colors my coax cables were so I can add a diplexer to TV2 for Secondary Satellite and noticed the FM coax connector did not have anything connected to it. My radio works fine inside my rig, Does anybody know what is supposed to connect to the FM coax port on the Key TV and how am I able to get great reception with nothing plug into it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200923_175848.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	220.0 KB
ID:	29984  
Nivluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 04:12 AM   #2
markcee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivluv View Post
Hello, I took my Key TV control module off to see what colors my coax cables were so I can add a diplexer to TV2 for Secondary Satellite and noticed the FM coax connector did not have anything connected to it. My radio works fine inside my rig, Does anybody know what is supposed to connect to the FM coax port on the Key TV and how am I able to get great reception with nothing plug into it
Check out a post I made a couple of months ago here.

I was having a problem getting the scan to find any channels on my primary TV and when I pulled the module out I also observed the same thing as you.

When I pulled the wall jack for the TV and also pulled the Radio/DVD out, I found that the purple cable was running to the wall plate for the TV and that tan cable (which should have gone to the TV) was connected to the back of the Radio/DVD. The two devices were close enough that I was able to flip the cables. I still have nothing in the Key TV module's 'purple FM' port, but everything works now, including the TV.

In summary, as long as your TV's work (scan and find with cable and OTA), I don't think you have anything to worry about - my FM port was empty before and after and radio/DVD work fine both ways.
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 06:31 AM   #3
Nivluv

I think at one point, the FM purple wire on the KEY TV MODULE connect ed to the back of the Radio. Now the Antenna is paralleled with the Radio with a splitter at the back wall of the tv. Saves them coax cable. Also the orange wire is ran to a splitter that goes to the Front Cargo area and Outdoor Kitchen area to save on coax cables. Thanks for your help. I was just curious as to why they had the FM port empty but what you said about your problem makes sense. Also I'm able to get OTA channels and Radio works fine
Nivluv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone, radio