Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2020, 02:25 PM   #1
ccastillo2305

Roof rubber issue

Hey y'all,

So on my way back from our trip this weekend I notice a bubble on my roof 3 feet front the front cap to the back. I pulled over and climbed up and couldn't find any tears. I used some tape I had on hand and taped the front seam thinking the sealant has created a hole. It still inflated once back driving. The few companies I called would only do the full roof replacement( way out of my budget) my thought and I hope I can get some insight from y'all is to 1) cut the section that has fully unglued about 3ft from the front and the with of the trailer and replace it with new Edpm and then reinstall all the trims etc or 2) which would be easier for me is cutting a T slit in the damaged side but not removing it applying new glue and putting it back down with some eternabond on the seams. thoughts? Bad Idea?

Tags
roof