Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2020, 10:54 AM   #1
sonofcy

Which breaker is which re 50->80

I have read here that the breaker for the hydraulic system is too small, Keystone has advised to upgrade from 50 to 80 amps. While I am in there I am going to upgrade the other to a regular breaker as well, what size should that one be? The wire running off to the left is the main positive from the battery bank, the wire going straight up goes to the hydraulic pump.I assume the wire going straight down is the main positive DC going to the main power panel.I think I read somewhere that the breaker on the right that is lightly wired is a 30Amp. Can anyone shed some light on this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4329.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	242.0 KB
ID:	26695  
sonofcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 02:14 PM   #2
bobbecky

There is really no need to replace the breaker on the right, as it doesn’t have much load on it. The breaker on the left, with the wire going up to the hydraulic pump and the other wire which goes to your main panel is the one to replace. I replaced the breaker in our rig going on seven years ago, right after Lippert put out a tech sheet about the problem and that same breaker is still working just fine. Our original breaker was only a 40 amp, and it was causing issues early on, so the 80 amp upgrade was a huge improvement.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 03:35 PM   #3
skids

I have a mess on the front of my bullet also. Complete mess and a shame. Maybe it makes it easier to hook up power to optional accessories, I don’t know. All I know is that the connections should not be out in the open for corrosion concerns and esthetics.