Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2019, 07:54 PM   #1
Hvacstud

Impact 311 questions

I just purchased an impact 311 and of course the dealer has no answers for my questions so here I am. Does anyone know if you're in reverse should the led lights above the rear awning light up as if they were back up lights? My other tow hauler did and it was useful. Thanks
Hvacstud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 05:49 AM   #2
roadglide

Back up lights are at the bottom along with turn signal. The led lights at the top are for loading and party lights . The lights can be turned on inside the garage for the top led party lights.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 02:43 PM   #3
Hvacstud

I have no back up lights next to the brake lights that’s why I figured those should be wired to reverse also
Hvacstud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 08:46 PM   #4
roadglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvacstud View Post
I have no back up lights next to the brake lights that’s why I figured those should be wired to reverse also
I really haven't checked for back-up lights ,I assume, it was my understanding, presumption that the back up light where wired into the tail lights.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 07:01 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Typically, the backup lights (if they are installed) are wired to pin #7 in the umbilial. That's the center pin, normally a yellow wire. If you remove the cover from the junction box at the pinbox on your trailer, you can verify whether there is anything connected on that wire.

Typically, in the past, Keystone has not installed or wired "backup lights" on their models. Recently they have been wiring backup lights on the "high end models". That said, installing tail lights with a backup light function doesn't necessarily mean the lights are wired or connected, so even with the newer Montana models, I haven't verified that the backup lights are functional.

You'll need to determine whether the "top worklights" above your rear door are wired to that yellow wire or not. If they are, they should function as backup lights, if they aren't (my guess is they aren't) then they are "manually operated lights" mounted on the rear and to use them as "backup lights" you'll need to turn them on at the switch.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 07:25 AM   #6
travelin texans

My Redwood came with backup lights that I replaced with another set of tail/stop lights. The backup lights on a 40' RV were of absolutely no use for backing after dark, which I never did anyway. All that said I seriously doubt those were ever intended to be reverse lights but are work/loading lights.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 05:26 PM   #7
Theoldroaddog

I have a Impact 361. No reverse lights were installed. The light above the rear awning will be clearance lights when connected to the TV and the TV’s lights are on. Otherwise they will be white and controlled by a switch in the garage.
Theoldroaddog is offline   Reply With Quote