Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2018, 04:44 AM   #1
Tdogg0413

New (to me) 2016 Cougar BHS336-almost Delivered!

Hi All,

We just bought a sight unseen (except for pics) 2016 BHS336. Great condition, dealer had it on consignment, did PDI and found and fixed a few items. After reading some of the posts, I asked about the awning, dealer said it's not pulling away, so that's good.

Anything else (besides the tires and bearings) I should look at when it gets here? Dealer had it on Consignment, so will not warranty anything, but I'd like to find out what's wrong with it if anything and start fixing! Should I have my own RV place do an inspection and see what they find?

Coming from a 2012 Freedom Express LE! Excited and Nervous to heck!

Thanks
Tdogg0413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 06:44 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

You are in a position that NONE of us ever want to be in. You're buying something "sight unseen" and a dealership is going to deliver it to you away from the dealership???? Without getting into the hazards of such a purchase, my advice would be to travel to the dealership (even if it's 1000 miles away) and do a "real inspection/PDI" before anyone hitches up a trailer to their tow vehicle and brings it to you....

I know there are websites that go so far as to have a "vending machine with cars" for people to "buy used cars without hassle".... DON'T BELIEVE IT'S THAT EASY" !!!

One of the oldest "ploys" (tricks) in door to door sales is to "give something, then take it away" When reoffered, the chances of a sale increase significantly because "human nature" doesn't want to lose anything.... Selling you a trailer by bringing it to your doorstep changes your motivational outlook on the purchase. "It's here, it's mine, we can use it now" vs "It's on the lot, we might want it, we can buy it or not"....

Once they "have it in your space" the "bling and desire" will be difficult to overcome.....

I suppose the biggest question is buried in your post: " Dealer had it on Consignment, so will not warranty anything" With that said, it looks to be an "as is/where is" third party sale with no seller responsibility at all.....

This is, if ever there was one, a situation where "Caveat Emptor" applies.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 08:28 AM   #3
travelin texans

It must be VEEEERRRY cheap to be bought sight unseen, only pictures!! I'm NOT buying anything sight unseen! Times are different, 25-30 years ago I bought cars/trucks/rvs with a handshake, but today I wouldn't trust them if they said the sky is blue or the grass is green until I see it!!!!
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar