Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2018, 12:53 PM   #1
wiredgeorge

Oliver Travel Trailers

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/

Anyone hear of these folks? I saw one for sale on CL and the poster wanted $55K for his used trailer. Found the site and was kind of stunned by the prices. Hopefully they have made these trailers with magic and pixie dust for that price; only component I noted that was high end was the on-demand water heater. I am just guessing one of those things is a bit more expensive than a standard Suburban unit?
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 01:14 PM   #2
66joej

We looked at a used one up here at an RV dealer. They are very well built, all fiberglas. Much like the Bolers & Trilliums of days gone by. Can't remember the price but it was much more than a new 27' Cougar. This was 2 years ago and it was only a 20' IIRC.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 05:45 PM   #3
slow

Related trivia:

Fifty years ago, the boler fiberglass trailer was invented in my home city of Winnipeg, Canada. The fellows that came up with the idea were making fiberglass tanks and one of them decided the shape was close to what he needed for a family trailer.

The anniversary is being celebrated this week in our city.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4378915/b...h-anniversary/
Reese 5th Airborne (bagged) Pin Box
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 05:58 PM   #4
66joej

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow View Post
Related trivia:

Fifty years ago, the boler fiberglass trailer was invented in my home city of Winnipeg, Canada. The fellows that came up with the idea were making fiberglass tanks and one of them decided the shape was close to what he needed for a family trailer.

Good on Winnipeg! I used to live on Brophy Ave. in North Kildonan and worked for Transport Canada. Our office was on the 7th floor in the Bank of Montreal bldg. at Portage and Main. Great memories.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 06:03 PM   #5
cavediver

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow View Post
Related trivia:

Just for that, may the Jets win the cup. No probably not.

Jack
cavediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 06:53 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Oliver Trailers got a "rocky start" in 2008 and stopped producing trailers in 2011. After reorganizing, they started producing again in 2014 and currently produce 2 sizes with 3 models. The 18' model retails for about $47K and the 23' model (2 floorplans) retail for around $54K. They are all constructed of a 4 piece fiberglass shell with "state of the art microbubble insulation", dual pane windows, increased use of composite materials, no carpeting or wood in the trailer, aluminum D channel frame, 16" LT tires on all models, stainless hardware, a lifetime fiberglass warranty, 5 year frame warranty, 2 year "parts warranty" and unlimited lifetime "support warranty" (whatever that really means with a company that has already closed its doors one time for 3 years). They are built more like a "high end boat" than a "typical travel trailer".

While the retail pricing may seem high, in reality, for "state of the art" construction techniques and components that you get, they are reasonably priced, especially when you consider that an Airstream 19' trailer retails for $65K and a Airstream 24' Interstate Grand Tour retails for $166K (and they have ST tires) and steel frames.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 08:28 PM   #7
B-O-B'03

Might be high end, but starting at $53,900 is more than 2.7 times what I paid for the 22RBPR, brand new and I like the specs, layout and features of it a whole lot better. Kind of reminds me of a small boat.

To each their own, for how we camp... I'll pass.

-Brian
Old 08-16-2018, 06:07 AM   #8
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
https://olivertraveltrailers.com/

Anyone hear of these folks? I saw one for sale on CL and the poster wanted $55K for his used trailer. Found the site and was kind of stunned by the prices. Hopefully they have made these trailers with magic and pixie dust for that price; only component I noted that was high end was the on-demand water heater. I am just guessing one of those things is a bit more expensive than a standard Suburban unit?
Looks to me like a lot more difference than just the WH. https://olivertraveltrailers.com/tra...avel-trailers/

As John stated, take a look at the cost of the Airstream. Wiredgeorge the following statement isn't about your post but a general observation... It never ceases to amuse me how so many people complain about the build quality of their Keystone camper and then when they see a quality built, with high end components unit they poo poo the cost. Last time I checked you still don't get something for nothing. If you think you can than answer the phone, there's a Nubian Prince calling wanting to share his inheritance with you.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel trailer